cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toby95
Level: Powered On

How to rearrange fields to be side by side (multiple columns)?

I deployed a PowerApp form based on a list I have in SharePoint Online. By default, PowerApps makes all the input fields display one after the other in a vertical format (see screenshot). 

I'd like to be able to have multiple columns so that I can have, say, 3 input fields in one row spanning horiztonally, to make better use of a widescreen display.

I haven't had much experience with PowerApps, so perhaps this is a really easy thing to do? Any help would be great! Bonus points if anyone knows how to change the date input field to the DD/MM/YYYY format too.

image.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How to rearrange fields to be side by side (multiple columns)?

Select your input form, and find the columns attribute on the Properties tab (top of the second block of attributes.  There you can adjust the number of columns.  If you have a field you want to span more than one column, you can change the width to span into the 2nd, 3rd, 4th column... depending on how many you use.

COlumns.jpg

And check out this post regarding your data format question:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-do-I-get-my-dataform-to-display-dates-in-...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Select your input form, and find the columns attribute on the Properties tab (top of the second block of attributes.  There you can adjust the number of columns.  If you have a field you want to span more than one column, you can change the width to span into the 2nd, 3rd, 4th column... depending on how many you use.

COlumns.jpg

And check out this post regarding your data format question:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-do-I-get-my-dataform-to-display-dates-in-...

View solution in original post

toby95
Level: Powered On

@LRVinNC You're a life saver, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,014)