Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nliu
Level: Powered On

How to record in several database

Hi everyone,

I have 6 SP list with the same structure and I would like to have only one application to fill these 6 SP lists.

I would like to fill one control and then record the information in these 6 SP lists.

Is it possible ? 

Thank you for helping me 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to record in several database

Hi @nliu ,

Use a Patch function to achieve this. The formula should be something like:

Patch(List1, Defaults(List1), { Title:DataCardValue1.Text,Choice:DataCardValue2.Selected });
Patch(List2, Defaults(List2), { Title:DataCardValue1.Text,Choice:DataCardValue2.Selected });
Patch(List3, Defaults(List3), { Title:DataCardValue1.Text,Choice:DataCardValue2.Selected });
Patch(List4, Defaults(List4), { Title:DataCardValue1.Text,Choice:DataCardValue2.Selected });
Patch(List5, Defaults(List5), { Title:DataCardValue1.Text,Choice:DataCardValue2.Selected });
Patch(List6, Defaults(List6), { Title:DataCardValue1.Text,Choice:DataCardValue2.Selected })

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @nliu 

Possible - You would have to add connections to all 6 lists in PowerApps and then you se the Pacth command to add data tou your lists 1 by 1

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @nliu ,

Use a Patch function to achieve this. The formula should be something like:

Patch(List1, Defaults(List1), { Title:DataCardValue1.Text,Choice:DataCardValue2.Selected });
Patch(List2, Defaults(List2), { Title:DataCardValue1.Text,Choice:DataCardValue2.Selected });
Patch(List3, Defaults(List3), { Title:DataCardValue1.Text,Choice:DataCardValue2.Selected });
Patch(List4, Defaults(List4), { Title:DataCardValue1.Text,Choice:DataCardValue2.Selected });
Patch(List5, Defaults(List5), { Title:DataCardValue1.Text,Choice:DataCardValue2.Selected });
Patch(List6, Defaults(List6), { Title:DataCardValue1.Text,Choice:DataCardValue2.Selected })

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

nliu

@v-monli-msft 

Thank you for your help but I don't understand the "Title datacardvalue1" and the "choicedatacardvalue2" can you please explain it to me ?

Many thanks 🙂

nliu

@v-monli-msft 

It is ok ! I figure it out it works perfectly thank you again

nliu

@v-monli-msft  @RezaDorrani 

Hey again,

Now I would like to modify a record in everey SP List.

When I click on my record through a gallery to edit a form to add or update an information it always create a new record because of my Patch formula containing Defaults function.

I tried to use Patch('ESU-DT' (datasource); BaseGallery.Selected (baserecord); {Title: etc etc}) but it doesn't seem that BaseGallery.Selected works.. So can you please help me ?

Thank you,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 242 members 5,353 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: