cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PowerAppsDaniel
Level: Powered On

How to redirect the user to where they left the form?

Hello everyone in the PowerApps Community,

The app I'm developing in PowerApps consists of a series of forms distributed across different screens which users can edit and access later to add new information. The information that the user has entered is stored in an SQL Server table.

I'd really want users to get redirected automatically where they left the form. In other words, once the user selects an element to edit (which corresponds to a row in SQL Server) I want them to get to the screen where the first empty input field (based on what was stored to the database) is.

My initial approach was to build a relationship between fields and screens so that I know what screen to navigate to once I know that field X is the first that was left empty. However, I'm having a hard time getting that field/column name.

Any thoughts on this? How would you implement this? Is there a more efficient approach?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to redirect the user to where they left the form?

Hi @PowerAppsDaniel ,

Did you mean that you have multiple screens with multiple edit forms? If so, then you could set something like below formula in the OnSelect property of the edit button to achieve this:

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue1)||IsBlank(DataCardValue2)||IsBlank(DataCardValue3),Navigate(EditScreen1,None),
IsBlank(DataCardValue4)||IsBlank(DataCardValue5)||IsBlank(DataCardValue6),Navigate(EditScreen2,None),
IsBlank(DataCardValue7)||IsBlank(DataCardValue8)||IsBlank(DataCardValue9),Navigate(EditScreen3,None))

DataCardValue1/2/3 are inside the edit form in EditScreen1,  DataCardValue4/5/6 are inside the edit form in EditScreen2 and  DataCardValue7/8/9 are inside the edit form in EditScreen3.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PowerAppsDaniel ,

Did you mean that you have multiple screens with multiple edit forms? If so, then you could set something like below formula in the OnSelect property of the edit button to achieve this:

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue1)||IsBlank(DataCardValue2)||IsBlank(DataCardValue3),Navigate(EditScreen1,None),
IsBlank(DataCardValue4)||IsBlank(DataCardValue5)||IsBlank(DataCardValue6),Navigate(EditScreen2,None),
IsBlank(DataCardValue7)||IsBlank(DataCardValue8)||IsBlank(DataCardValue9),Navigate(EditScreen3,None))

DataCardValue1/2/3 are inside the edit form in EditScreen1,  DataCardValue4/5/6 are inside the edit form in EditScreen2 and  DataCardValue7/8/9 are inside the edit form in EditScreen3.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

PowerAppsDaniel
Level: Powered On

Hello @v-monli-msft ,

Thank you so much for you reply.

I've tried your approach with a few screens and it works. However, since I have a ton of screens and fields I was hoping for something less tedious like looping through the database table columns and getting the first blank column and redirecting the user to the screen based on a dictionary-like data structure.

I'll give it a couple days in case anyone else responds and then I'll accept it as a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 200 members 5,155 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: