cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OscarBroekman
Level: Powered On

How to select specific view from SharePoint Online List

We have a SharePoint Online list with orders. Some are open and some are closed. We have a view that only shows the open orders. I would like to connect to that view, but it seems that I can only select the general list, without specifying a specific view. Is that correct? Assuming that is correct, how can I filter just on orders that have a status equal to 'Open'?

17 REPLIES 17
Steelman70
Level 10

Re: How to select specific view from SharePoint Online List

Please use the Filter function as described here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-filter-lookup/

Something like:

Filter(MySharePointListSource, OrderStatus = "Open")
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi OscarBroekman,

We can’t connect PowerApps to a specific view of SharePoint list. But we can connect to a general list and use Filter function to show specific data. I had a SharePoint list which contained a column “True or False”, with the list connected to App, all the data were shown in a gallery. Then I wanted to show records only contained “True” or “False”. With the gallery selected, I set its Items property to: If(IsBlank(TextSearchBox1.Text),'MySharePointlistSource',Filter('MySharePointlistSource',TextSearchBox1.Text in Text(True or False column))). Then when I filled “True” in TextSearchBox1, the records only contained “True” were shown.

You can craft your own formula for the Items property, depending on your needs of your App, please have a try if it works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
OscarBroekman

Thanks ! I read the explanation of applying filters, but I can't find where to go to enter the 'filter' information. Can you point me in the right direction? I looked everywhere I think.

OscarBroekman

Thanks ! I read the explanation of applying filters, but I can't find where to go to enter the 'filter' information. Can you point me in the right direction? I looked everywhere I think.

Steelman70
Level 10

You do not filter the source, there are no settings for that.  You use the Filter function in PowerApps when you refer to the source, for example as the Items property of a gallery.

smoupre

@Steelman70 - How would you filter the list to only include "my" items. For example, in SharePoint I can create a view that is essentially: [Created By] = [Me]. This filters the list to only my items. Is there a way to do this with the Filter function? Essentially grab my name somehow and feed it to the filter?

audrieg
Level 10

I haven't been able to find "created by" fields in the list of values available from SharePoint yet, but I have used the User Function to return current user name. Understand that I'm new to this too (smiles) so I have not had that specific challenge yet. However, I did find this information which may be helpful to you:

1. User() Function - more here

2. Support for Lookups Announced (you may have to wait for a wave) - more here

PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

The 'Created By' field is available as Author and 'Modified By' is available as 'Editor' via the formula bar.

The User() function is useful but I have seen instances of the values returned by User() not matching with SharePoint. I have always had better success with the Office365Users connection.

• Add a connection to Office365 Users in your app
  • Set your filter condition to: Author.Email=Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail

smoupre

Worked! Thanks a ton, this is fantastic!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 438 members 6,651 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: