cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
audrieg
Level 10

Re: How to select specific view from SharePoint Online List

This is perfect! I love that it include the manager's information!

WOW!

audrieg
Level 10

One of the profile attributes is AccountEnabled. This is coming up 'false' for me - although I do have an Exchange Online email account mailbox.

Can you explain the .Account Enabled attribute (what is this related to?? Is that saying that the account does not need to be enabled? (need to be enabled = false)?

Office365Users.UserProfile(InfoAbout.Text).AccountEnabled

Steelman70
Level 10

Hi, also coming up 'false' for me.

Not related but interesting: the .Id property seems like a GUID which is the same that is used by CDM to identify the CreatedBy and ModifiedBy user, very useul.

Craig_Debbo
Level: Powered On

Ankit, you are a staff member at Microsoft. You've just documented something that will probably help A LOT of people. Maybe add this to the official powerapps document under a section on "how to filter users" or update this (https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/show-current-user/) section which you state can sometimes return misleading user data. I can't imagine any practical powerapp application that doesn't in some way filter by the end-user.

Furthermore, document how this can be integrated into CDM. Can I compare the 'user' with the createdBy meta-data, can I use the 'user' field to manage row-level security in CDM, how, ... and so on.

PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

@audrieg - The account enabled flag is supposed to indicate if the account is enabled or not in AAD. I will file a bug to check if the connector is misbehaving. Ideally, it should return the attribute as listed in AAD.

@Craig_Debbo - Thanks for your suggestion, we will work on updating the documentation to include this information.

venusura

Hi Ankit Saraf,

I got the same issue here,  I have added office 365 user conncetion but I'm not sure how can I add a filter to show the current user items.

Thanks,

Venu

PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

@venusura - are you trying this?

The User() function is useful but I have seen instances of the values returned by User() not matching with SharePoint. I have always had better success with the Office365Users connection.

• Add a connection to Office365 Users in your app
  • Set your filter condition to: Author.Email=Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail
venusura

@sarafankit - Yeah, I couldn't figure out that how can I add  a filter on BrowseScreen but I have managed to get this by the below one.

Items= ShowColumns(Filter('IT Help Desk', User().FullName=Author.DisplayName), "Subject","Title","Created","Detailed_x0020_description_x0020","Author","Business_x0020_impact_x0020_of_x","DateTime_x0020_the_x0020_inciden","Division","How_x0020_many_x0020_users_x0020","Status","Ticket_x0020_Type")

much appriciated if you could guide me to try with your suggesstion.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 254 members 5,675 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: