cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gidrone_NS
Level: Powered On

How to submit form in powerapps and stay on same item

Hi,

How to customize SharePoint form for New record to be able to enter required fields, submit form and stay on same form and continue to fill rest of fields?

When I SubmitForm, Pawerapp go to first record of the list.

I need submit form because I need to have new ID for second list (entity relationship)

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to submit form in powerapps and stay on same item

Hi @Gidrone_NS,

Did you mean the auto-generated app created in PowerApps site by connecting to SharePoint list? 

If it's the former, then this could be achieved by setting the OnSuccess property of the edit form to:

false

By default, it should be:

Back()

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Gidrone_NS

Hi @v-monli-msft,

This is complete scenario…

Our customer have 3 sp list: Personal information, Contact Information and Job History. Personal info list is primary list and his ID we need to write in other two list as foreign key (entity relationship 1toMany).

We start to customize form for Personal Info for New, Edit and View items. For the purpose of UX we need to bring other two form (Contact info, Job History) on same screen. User see only Personal info list in SharePoint and when click on New button sp open PA form with all 3 list… this is print screen:

Beleška 2019-01-23 203424.jpg

We manipulate with Visible property of all 3 list on same screen. Depends on which Menu Item is select we set Visible property of that form. Very simple.

Everything is perfect when user select to view one previous entered item. Form Personal info show all fields, when click on Job History, we set Visible property for Personal info form on False and set Visible property of Job History form on True and with this function in Items property of form/gallery

Filter(JobPosition, ContactID = SharePointIntegration.Selected.ID)

We show all related dates.

Problem is when user start with New button on list for Personal info and write all required fields in Personal info and click on Job history menu item. In this moment we don’t know ID of Personal list to give it to Job history form. We need to SubmitForm Personal info when user click on Job history menu (or contact menu). When we SubmitForm, PA write all necessary fields in SP and reset form on the first item in list but we need to stay on new item and show empty form of Job History with button Add New Job…

My question is How to submit form and stay on Last added item?

In OnSucess property I use this:

If(_menuItemSelected="Job History", false, ResetForm(SPFormAdresar);RequestHide())

Item of form:

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First(Adresar),SharePointIntegration.Selected)
PytByt
Level 8

hi @Gidrone_NS 

have you solved your problem?

because i need to do 2 submit at the different time in the same table of the SP list, just like yours:

"My question is How to submit form and stay on Last added item?"

johnnyshield

Yep same issue for me... Mona's answer does not work.

I had previously solved it by changing
Form On Success to: DisplayMode.Edit
And Form Item to: If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),Last(MyList),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

However, doing this on a new SharePoint list customised form doesn't seem to work anymore. It still works on the old list!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 354 members 6,775 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: