cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SoB
Level: Powered On

How to use Opensteermap in Powerapp to view lat long

How to use Opensteermap in Powerapp to view lat long.

I dont want use google maps as i dont have free api

how to use Opensteertmaps to view my location on map

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to use Opensteermap in Powerapp to view lat long

Hi @SoB ,

Do you want to use Opensteermap in our PowerApps app?

If you want to use Opensteermap in our PowerApps app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, within PowerApps, there is no way to display a map directly within a canvas app. As an alternative solution, you could consider display a Map using Image control along with Bing Maps Imagery API & Google Static Maps API.

The result the  Bing Maps Imagery API & Google Static Maps API. returned is a static image data, which is required to be typed within the Image property of the Image control. But the result the Opensteermap API returned is a xml format data, which could not be used within the Image property of the Image control.

As an alternative solution, please consider register a Bing Map API Key on your side, then achieve your needs using Image control along with  Bing Maps Imagery API. 

More details about displaying a Map using Image control, please check the following blog:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/image-control-static-maps-api/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to use Opensteermap in Powerapp to view lat long

Hi @SoB ,

Do you want to use Opensteermap in our PowerApps app?

If you want to use Opensteermap in our PowerApps app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, within PowerApps, there is no way to display a map directly within a canvas app. As an alternative solution, you could consider display a Map using Image control along with Bing Maps Imagery API & Google Static Maps API.

The result the  Bing Maps Imagery API & Google Static Maps API. returned is a static image data, which is required to be typed within the Image property of the Image control. But the result the Opensteermap API returned is a xml format data, which could not be used within the Image property of the Image control.

As an alternative solution, please consider register a Bing Map API Key on your side, then achieve your needs using Image control along with  Bing Maps Imagery API. 

More details about displaying a Map using Image control, please check the following blog:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/image-control-static-maps-api/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 260 members 5,412 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: