cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KCh
Level: Powered On

How to use more than 1Create or Edit forms?

Hi!

I have made all like inn this: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/separate-custom-forms/

But I need to heve 2 Create Forms and 2 Edit Forms (short and full).

How can I do it?

I tryed to do following:

on SharePointIntegration control:

OnNew: Set(SharePointFormMode;"CreateForm")&NewForm(CreateItemForm)&Navigate(CreateScreen;ScreenTransition.None)/Set(SharePointFormMode;"CreateFormFull")&NewForm(CreateItemFormFull)&Navigate(CreateScreen;ScreenTransition.None)

OnEdit: Set(SharePointFormMode;"EditForm")&EditForm(EditItemForm)&Navigate(EditScreen;ScreenTransition.None)/Set(SharePointFormMode;"EditFormFull")&EditForm(EditItemFormFull)&Navigate(EditScreen;ScreenTransition.None)

JnSave: If(SharePointFormMode="CreateForm"; SubmitForm(CreateItemForm); If(SharePointFormMode="EditForm"; SubmitForm(EditItemForm); If(SharePointFormMode="EditFormFull"; SubmitForm(EditItemFormFull); If(SharePointFormMode="CreasteFormFull"; SubmitForm(CreateItemFormFull)))))

But it doesn't work 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How to use more than 1Create or Edit forms?

@KCh,

Have thought about making the Short and Full form into one form and then using the visible property of the data cards to hide the fields that aren't needed for the Short form?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

How do you want to decide which of the forms to use (short vs. full)? Is it based on some value of the data (for edit form), or something else?

Also, to combine multiple actions in a single expression in your locale, please use the ";;" operator:

Set(SharePointFormMode;"CreateForm");;
NewForm(CreateItemForm);;
Navigate(CreateScreen;ScreenTransition.None)
Super User
Super User

@KCh,

Have thought about making the Short and Full form into one form and then using the visible property of the data cards to hide the fields that aren't needed for the Short form?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

KCh

@CarlosFigueira Hi!

Thank you!

I want to do the following workaround: when user create new item (or open item for editing) he dee short form; if he want to work with full form - he press special button.

Now I made this with the toggle - see screenshorts. I hide some fields and show it when the eoggle is "on".

KCh

@Jeff_Thorpe, yes, I did it with the toggle 🙂

JoanaVB

Thank you so much Carlos. Your solution was the only one that worked for me with the Portuguese sintax.

@CarlosFigueira wrote:

How do you want to decide which of the forms to use (short vs. full)? Is it based on some value of the data (for edit form), or something else?

Also, to combine multiple actions in a single expression in your locale, please use the ";;" operator:

Set(SharePointFormMode;"CreateForm");;
NewForm(CreateItemForm);;
Navigate(CreateScreen;ScreenTransition.None)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,783)