cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winwell
Level: Powered On

How to utilise same excel data source on a second user's oneDrive after exporting & importing PowrApp package

I have finished building an App using excel as data source on my One drive.

I now need to install everything on the main user's account as they will be maintaining it going forward.

I exported the PowerApp fine and he imported it on his account okay.

I emailed him the excel file and he uploaded it to his OneDrive for Business but when he tries to addd a new data source to the excel file on HIS One Drive, the excel file is not visible within PA.

Other excel files display okay so it must be something to do with the excel file itself.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any ideas on how to get the imported app to use the new data source and make that excel file visible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to utilise same excel data source on a second user's oneDrive after exporting & importing PowrApp package

Hi @winwell ,

Please let the user open the excel file from his OneDrive for Business, and make sure that the data has been formatted as a table. If not, please format data to an excel table, then try to add this table as data source in the imported app again. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to utilise same excel data source on a second user's oneDrive after exporting & importing PowrApp package

Hi @winwell ,

Please let the user open the excel file from his OneDrive for Business, and make sure that the data has been formatted as a table. If not, please format data to an excel table, then try to add this table as data source in the imported app again. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,887)