cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAppsJunkie
Level: Powered On

How to verify a user is active in Office 365 via SP list?

Hello All,

I have a SharePoint list where I have "Username" and "Email Address".  I need to create a gallery that displays the list but it only displays Users from that list who still have an active office 365 account.  I'm then needing to have a function where I could prune the users from the SharePoint list that aren't active any longer in AD, so have say a "prune disabled accounts" button that would remove any users who are in the SP list that are no longer in AD/Office365users.

I've toyed around with showing a gallery and then checking the list vs if the account is active and returning a true / false to a label in the gallery but I'm not sure how I then can filter that gallery based on that because it said something about circular references which I know I'm doing something wrong but just not sure how to fix it.

Here is what I'm using to show users from the SP List in the gallery and then the label that shows them as accountEnabled "true / False"

Gallery statement:
Filter('SharePoint List', Office365Users.UserProfileV2('Email Address').accountEnabled)

This has an issue due to the amount of items in the list.  It gives me a warning about filtering so I would like to fix that.  It also only shows the accounts that are "true"

Is there a way to figure out which accounts are false?  If so then I would want to take the ones that are false and have a button that would remove all those items from the SP list.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to verify a user is active in Office 365 via SP list?

Hi @PowerAppsJunkie 

How about have a Flow that runs periodically and updates SharePoint list with account enabled (Yes or No)

The in PowerApps just have a simple filter 

Filter(SharePointList, AccountEnabled = "yes")

If flow is not a preferred option,

then in PowerApps you would to get all the data in a gallery and then hide gallery item (for each item) by using Office365Users.UserProfileV2('Email Address').accountEnabled as Visible property

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

PowerAppsJunkie

I was actually just exploring the option to create a flow that would lookup the users and if they are active to write a column item and then just filter it with PowerApps but I'm not sure how to do that.

The syntax of putting things together is where I struggle right now because I'm pretty new to Coding and Powerapps syntax. So it's a ton of trial and error on my end.

So any idea on the flow I'd create to do the list update? @RezaDorrani 

PowerAppsJunkie

Ok So it looks like I can do a flow like this:

Use a get items flow to grab the items from the SP list
Do a for each so it gathers all items from the list

Then I do a get user from Azure AD

and do a condition if the Azure AD get user = the SP list items email then 
Update item in SP list field to yes or no

I got that part working in a flow so now I'll start working on the Powershell view

I am wondering if there is anyway to do it as well because I like exploring all options

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,063)