cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ppei
Level 8

I created radio buttons to record single line text but the buttons don't stay showing selected after saving the form

Hi,

I followed Daniel Christian's youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Bd0QFGvAc) to create radio buttons to record single line text. Though I can click to select one radio button, the buttons will not display my selected values after I saved the form. Any idea why and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Pei Pei

RadioButtons.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: I created radio buttons to record single line text but the buttons don't stay showing selected after saving the form

When you make your text line visible does it show in there and just isn't writing back or it isn't storing it at all.

If it is in a form I don't even use the text box for my radio button, instead I just change the Update for that card to Radio1.Selected.Value and it will actually put the one selected as text field for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: I created radio buttons to record single line text but the buttons don't stay showing selected after saving the form

Hi @ppei,

Do you want to use the radio button to save single line?

What is your really issue?

Cannot show the current select  value after save form or can not save value to data source and can not retain the value when you select his item?

If your issue is can not show the current select value after save form, could you please check whether your OnSuccess Property in your Edit Form not set Back();

If your issue is not save it in the data source after save form and not retain the value when you select this item?

I think you can add the radio button into the datacard you want to save,and then you should change the DataCardValue.Default to Rdio.Selected.value and set the Rdio.Default to ThisItem.Column.

You can try following workaround.

I test as next:

Data source:

20190212ratio_to_singleline(my sp list name)

LearningType(single line)

20190212radiosinglelinedatasource1.png

Then PowerApps->Create an app

App Test:

1.In EditForm1:

Add Rdio control and Radio1.Items: ["Approved","Disapproved"]

DataCardValue4.Default: Radio1.Selected.Value

You can also choose to set DataCardValue4.Visible:false.

20190212radiosinglelineapptest1.jpg

2.If Issue as first: Please set OnSucces Property Back() in Edit Form.

20190212radiosinglelineapptest2.jpg

If Issue as second: Firstly,please set as the AppTest’s step1 and step2, and then set Radio1.Default:ThisItem.LearningType

20190212radiosinglelineapptest3.jpg

Setting test:

20190212radiosinglelineeditformsetting1.gif

Result test:

20190212radiosinglelineeditresulttest2.gif

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

ppei
Level 8

Yumia,

Thank you for your detailed information and your testing. I really appreciate it. I followed the instructions but I still have the problem. I think there must be something wrong with my form. I'll continue testing and report back if you find anything.

Thanks again,

Pei

Super User
Super User

When you make your text line visible does it show in there and just isn't writing back or it isn't storing it at all.

If it is in a form I don't even use the text box for my radio button, instead I just change the Update for that card to Radio1.Selected.Value and it will actually put the one selected as text field for you.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,088)