cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthewFalcao
Level: Powered On

I have a popup that needs to disappear once a user meets a certain requirement

Hello there people , I have a Popup that checks in a database if the user has a certain code assigned to him , that will allow him to view certain apps ( this popup is on the application home screen) 
If he doesnt meet the requirements then the user should see the popup telling him or her to get the required rights

The app should as soon as it is launched start the lookup to see if the user is assigned with the certain code , if he does have rights the popup should dissapear 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: I have a popup that needs to disappear once a user meets a certain requirement

Hi @MatthewFalcao 

If I am understanding this correctly, if user is authorized then the first popup wont be displayed. Instead you want to show the second popup saying that the data is getting loaded.

For doing so, set the second popup visibility to:

If(CountRows(Filter(GlrySecurityConfig_1.AllItems ,'Action Code' = "ACCESSDC")) =0 && ShowSecondPopup = true,true,false)

Now, the Background formula that is running, you need to modify it as:

Set(ShowSecondPopup,true);Collect();Patch();...;Set(ShowSecondPopup,false)

This way it will display the popup when the background process starts and make it disappear when the execution is completed

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: I have a popup that needs to disappear once a user meets a certain requirement

Hi @MatthewFalcao 

You can set the "Visible" property of the control to either true or false based on the matching criteria in a similar expression as:

If(ConditionMatched = true,false,true)

Here, you need to update the highlighted part with the actual condition. If you need more help, please share the specifics maybe through some screenshots/snippets so that we can help you better.

Hope this helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

MatthewFalcao
Level: Powered On

Okay So I have two Popups , the code on one is as follows(this screen blocks the user from further accessing the app if he doesnt have that code) 
If(CountRows(Filter(GlrySecurityConfig_1.AllItems ,'Action Code' = "ACCESSDC")) = 0,false,true)

is to check if the user has permissions before it pops up , but I want another popup on the same screen that will show the user that the application is busy loading 

I am finding it tricky to write code that will make the one popup leave once that line of code has run in the background of the other popup 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @MatthewFalcao 

If I am understanding this correctly, if user is authorized then the first popup wont be displayed. Instead you want to show the second popup saying that the data is getting loaded.

For doing so, set the second popup visibility to:

If(CountRows(Filter(GlrySecurityConfig_1.AllItems ,'Action Code' = "ACCESSDC")) =0 && ShowSecondPopup = true,true,false)

Now, the Background formula that is running, you need to modify it as:

Set(ShowSecondPopup,true);Collect();Patch();...;Set(ShowSecondPopup,false)

This way it will display the popup when the background process starts and make it disappear when the execution is completed

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 303 members 5,318 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: