cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raj_Saha
Level: Powered On

I want update all the filter records inside gallery same value

Hi All,

I want to update all the filter gallery in a single click with the same value(I want to update flag value with "YES" or "NO" value and user mail Id and time )...could you please help on that 

Thanks,
Radaubt.png

11 REPLIES 11
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: I want update all the filter records inside gallery same value

Hi @Raj_Saha 

To configure this, you can use the below configuration:

Button outside Gallery -> OnSelect -> Set(CheckAll,!CheckAll)

Checkbox inside Gallery-> Default -> CheckAll

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Raj_Saha

Hi @yashag2255

Thanks that checkbox is working fine.
But I wanted to mark the only filter gallery and I want to update all the records only filter gallery value with same value

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Raj_Saha 

Can you please share the logical implementation of the scenario that you are trying to build? This is a bit confusing. We might be able to help you better if we know the exact requirement.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Raj_Saha

Hi  

1) in the above image, there is one filter button I want to filter a gallery based on the sales group.
2) whatever the filter gallery is there if I will press the mark all It will mark all the filter gallery, not all the value,

@yashag2255 wrote:

Hey @Raj_Saha 

Can you please share the logical implementation of the scenario that you are trying to build? This is a bit confusing. We might be able to help you better if we know the exact requirement.

Hope this Helps!

@yashag2255 wrote:

Hey @Raj_Saha 

Hope this Helps!

If I press the submit button then it will update all the same value(User mail, the flag should be yes, and Time) inside the DB123.png

Raj_Saha

1) In the attachment image. there is one filter button. I wanted to mark all button it will  It will mark all the filter gallery information,
If I press the submit button then it will update the record and value should be same
suppose I press the filter button based on the sales group(Q69) , It will show only 3 lines, If I press mark all  the It will update only 3 lines in the backend Database (It will update flag should be yes, edited by -raj@raj.com, edited -time)

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Raj_Saha 

I am assuming that the checkbox is working fine even for the group filters, it is only selecting the value currently getting displayed in the gallery.

To perform a bulk update:

Submit Button -> OnSelect -> ForAll(Gallery1.AllItems, Patch('Table Name',Lookup('Table Name','Sender Serial Number' = Label1.Text),{UserColumn:User().Email, Date: Today(), Flag: Checkbox1.Value}))

This is a sample snippet, which you can modify based on your data source and controls.
Here, Table Name is the name of table to perform operation, 'Sender Serial Number' is the column used to identify the record. Label1.Text is the name of control which holds 'Sender Serial Number' inside the gallery. Inside curly brackets { }, you need to pass the columns you want to update.

Hope this Helps!

Raj_Saha

Thanks for your help.
I'm not able to understand why are using the lookup function...could you please explain me 

in my application, I used this code. but its updating one records 
ForAll(
Gallery1.AllItems,
Patch(
'[dbo].[PerferctOrder_EDI_PA]',
LookUp(
Exclude_Flag = Exclude_Flag
),
{
Exclude_Flag: Checkbox1.Value,
Created_by: User().Email,
Created_On: Today()
}
)
)

could you please help me 

Raj_Saha

@Raj_Saha wrote:

Thanks for your help.
I'm not able to understand why are using the lookup function...could you please explain me 

in my application, I used this code. but its updating one records 
ForAll(
Gallery1.AllItems,
Patch(
LookUp(
Exclude_Flag = Exclude_Flag
),
{
}
)
)

could you please help me 

Hi  

could you please help me above topic

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Raj_Saha 

Lookup is used to identify which record you want to update. Since patch requires the context of the record that needs to be updated, hence we need a lookup function as the second argument. 

Can you update your expression as:

ForAll(
Gallery1.AllItems,
Patch(
LookUp(
Exclude_Flag = Exclude_Flag                               // not a  unique key to identiy, you should use some column which is unique for its own row like Name/Title or any other column.
),
{
}
)
)

Also, which updating the highlighted part, left argument should be column name name and right argument will be the control to get the value, like Label1.Text.

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,299)