cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sikelsh
Level: Powered On

If statement with a Navigate(Thisitem Issue

Hi all, first post, just getting to grips with PowerApps.

I have a Gallery that i am using as a list of 'Links', some of the links are web URLs and therefore use the Launch function and some are Screens therefore need the Navigate function, I have connected to a SQL table see below and the field name is URL.

Capture1.PNG

I expected this to just work out the box, but doesnt seem that way. the code below is OnSelect on the NextArrow Icons shown below.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Thanks in Advance

Simon

3 REPLIES 3
PavanKumar
Level 8

Re: If statement with a Navigate(Thisitem Issue

Hi, Just check what value are you getting in Thisitem.URL (may be some encrypted values) also in Launch once try hardcoded url and check if its working e.g. Launch(https://www.google.com).

This may give you better direction. Please let me know if you have any further questions/doubts.

If this answer helps please mark it as verified.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

sikelsh
Level: Powered On

Hi, sorry if I wasnt clear.

The Launch is working fine, it picks the correct URL from the table and it opens fine, however this only works when I hardcode the Screename in the Navigate section (as the statement isnt accepted as correct when read from table) as below, what I have done is included the Screename in the table in the URL field

If("http" in ThisItem.URL, Launch(ThisItem.URL), Navigate(StaffSuggestion,ScreenTransition.Fade))

Regardless of the IF statement the function Navigate(ThisItem.URL,ScreenTransition.Fade) doesnt appear to work.

PavanKumar
Level 8

Hi,

I assume you have between 5 - 10 screens to navigate. Unfortunately Navigate function expects screen type of parameter. so in your case you can write within your if function.

Switch( ThisItem.URL, "Screen1",Navigate(Screen1, Fade), "Screen2",Navigate(Screen2, Fade), "Screen3",Navigate(Screen3, Fade), "Screen4",Navigate(Screen4, Fade) ).

Mark it as verified if it answers your question.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 199 members 5,360 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: