Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SimonPiquer
Level 8

Ignore empty cells when using Flow to import from Excel to Todoist

Hi!

I'm trying to create a Flow that will import a list of tasks to Todoist once every weekday. Most steps seem to be working as intended, the only problem I have is that there is a bunch of empty cells in my Excel table that Todoist then imports as blank tasks. Is there any way to get Excel to check if a cell is empty, and if it is, ignore it? I've had some ideas about an If-expression, but I'm not too high on that and couldn't figure it out. I'll attach my Excel file and the .zip from Flow, as well as a screen grab of the imported list in Todoist.

(I have double headers in the Excel file because I wanted them to be imported too and that was just the simplest solution)

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Ignore empty cells when using Flow to import from Excel to Todoist

Hi @SimonPiquer,

Do you want to check if a cell in your Excel table is empty within your flow?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Condition action could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try to modify your formula as below:9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

Within the Condition, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@empty(items('Apply_to_each')?['APOEX_x003a_'])

Within the Condition 2, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@empty(items('Apply_to_each')['BEST_x003a_'])

Within the Condition 3, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@empty(items('Apply_to_each')['TEX_x0020_EFTERMIDDAG_x0020_NER_x003a_'])

Within the Condition 4, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@empty(items('Apply_to_each')['TEX_x0020_EFTERMIDDAG_x0020_UPP_x003a_'])

More details about WDL expression in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference

More details about using WDL expression in flow actions, please check the following blog:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-expressions-in-actions/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SimonPiquer,

Do you want to check if a cell in your Excel table is empty within your flow?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Condition action could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try to modify your formula as below:9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

Within the Condition, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@empty(items('Apply_to_each')?['APOEX_x003a_'])

Within the Condition 2, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@empty(items('Apply_to_each')['BEST_x003a_'])

Within the Condition 3, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@empty(items('Apply_to_each')['TEX_x0020_EFTERMIDDAG_x0020_NER_x003a_'])

Within the Condition 4, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@empty(items('Apply_to_each')['TEX_x0020_EFTERMIDDAG_x0020_UPP_x003a_'])

More details about WDL expression in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/workflow-definition-language-functions-reference

More details about using WDL expression in flow actions, please check the following blog:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-expressions-in-actions/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

SimonPiquer
Level 8

This seems to work perfectly, thanks a bunch Kris!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,438)