cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Image does not display in Mobile apps & IE

Thanks @MFischer

I made a change (clarification) to that blog late yesterday wherein I did actually articulate how you can add additional field(s) to be returned by Flow. In the demo Flow I added original "size" of the file to the information returned. That said, I equally had (and still do have) challenges returning other properties as the Flow seems to fail should any items in the document library not have that specific property. For example, if my any of my images didn't have the Title populated, the Flow would fail trying to extract that value from the array. Seems I am not the only one per this thread...

It is also a little tricky to get to the other fields you want. I managed to add 'size' by using the syntax 'item().size', however I got stuck trying to adding the Image facet properties as I wanted to also display the original image width and height in the app. Eventually I gave up. I am nonetheless certain it's possible, it was simply taking too much time!

Wrt the size the thumbnail, that was also something I clarified yesterday in the subsequent updates to the blog (right at the end of the blog), to quote:

• The other change I made was to the formula of the Thumbnail property:
    “if(empty(item()[‘thumbnails’]),”, replace(item()[‘thumbnails’][0][‘large’][‘url’], ‘width=800&height=800’, ‘width={width}’ ))”
  • What I have also done for the demo solution is Replace the default width & height properties of each large thumbnail URL returned [800×800] with a placeholder {width} instead, following which in my demo app I use the Substitute function such that I am actually in no way limited to a particular size. In essence the size of thumbnail requested is thus irrelevant!"

"Unless" v2.0 of the Graph APIs change for this, you can in essence decide, irrespective of what size thumbnail you may have requested, to substitute the width and / or height of the URLs returned by the Graph API call with whatever size rendition you would like.

Per the demo in my blog, I completely dropped the height property and only specify with {width} placeholder value within the flow. That way within your app you can genuinely could give users a slider to specify what quality they want to see the images, anywhere between 1px - 6000px+. I was able to successful render a 50MB photo as a 5kb 150px thumbnail and with the same URL returned from Graph replacing the width such that a 0.5MB 6000px super high quality renditition of the same photo is displaying, using a slider control.

The term thumbnail when seen in this context isn't actually a thumbnail at all 😉.

In terms of scaling, I have uploaded around 200 photos (each 1MB+) to a document library in SharePoint and I had no problem rendering all 200 of thumbnail renditions of those photos in a Gallery in a web browser. However for some reason that same app crashes on my iPhone X, but not on an old iPhone 5S. Perhaps a minor bug somewhere as both phones are running the same release of the PowerApps client.

I am dabbling with next version of the demo app LOL. Technically v3, as my latest blog is v2, v1 being leveraging the SharePoint RenderListDataAsStream API. Leveraging the Graph API is far better for many reasons. The SharePoint RenderListDataAsStream API is intentially not well documented as it is primarily intended for first-class products (such as SharePoint Online) and less secure.

In v3 I may showcase how to convert document stored in SharePoint to PDFs generated on the fly leveraging the Graph API. I had this freaking working, but I forgot how 🤣.

v3 Prototype Demo - YouTube

HN
Level: Powered On

Hi, the issue is resolved or not yet please tell me.

V2 of the app (3rd blog in series) per my latest blog "Leveraging Graph APIs in PowerApps & Flow – PDFs" showcases how you can render thumbnail images of for example Word & PowerPoint documents and then on-the-fly convert those same documents to PDFs within your apps.

Demo of app shared on YouTube...

Disclaimer: This technique didn't work for Excel documents for me at least. 

Toddn
Level: Powered On

Hi, I am having a simillar issue in my app. Users can take pictures which is stored to a collection within the app. The user can then view the picture on IE/Chrome but not on a mobile device.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,268)