cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Image popup that references Gallery image not working

I have a single screen app with a Gallery that displays pictures taken with the app. When user clicks a thumbnail in this Gallery, a popup appears where the user can view a larger image and choose to Delete/Retake photo. 

• The Image property in the popup is set to <gallery_name>.Selected.<gallery_image>
  • The thumbnail in the Gallery shows highlighted (meaning the formula is pointing correctly to it)

But the popup image is not visible. The rest of the popup is (label, buttons), just not the image. Can an image refer to another image in a gallery using the <gallery_name>.Selected.<gallery_image> syntax? I've also tried appending ".Image" to this formula to no avail. 

Any help is appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Re: Image popup that references Gallery image not working

Thank you for posting the screenshots. I suspect that he picure that you see in your gallery is the one from the "Add Picture" control and not from the "Image" control (Image1). 

Is there any reason you keep the image picker (Add Picture control) is in the parent gallery?

I would suggest making sure that Image1 references the image from image picker (Gallery3.Selected.AddMediaButton3.Media).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

You should be able to reference an image from a gallery in another image control.

I did the following test:

1. Added a gallery control with images

2. Added an Image control

3. Set Image1.Image=Gallery1.Selected.Image

4. Did not observe any issues.

I would suggest you to check out the standard app template, which has a very similar funcitonality:

File/New/App Templates/Tablet Layout/Site Inspector. "Gallery1_5" control from the "ViewImagesScreen" has images. It also has a popup image that shows up on selecting the corresponding one from the gallery.

Super User
Super User

Thank you for the reply. I must be missing something real easy because that is exactly the setup I'm using and the image will still NOT display. 

External image property set to Gallery3.Selected.Image (I also tried Image1 which is the name of the control IN the Gallery)

image_issue.png

Image in Gallery selected but external image is still blank

image_issue_2.png

Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Thank you for posting the screenshots. I suspect that he picure that you see in your gallery is the one from the "Add Picture" control and not from the "Image" control (Image1). 

Is there any reason you keep the image picker (Add Picture control) is in the parent gallery?

I would suggest making sure that Image1 references the image from image picker (Gallery3.Selected.AddMediaButton3.Media).

View solution in original post

vikinvn
Level: Powered On

Hope it help for u. Image in gallary is attachment of custom list. By select image , it will pop up big image

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,574)