cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gidrone_NS
Level: Powered On

Images from SharePoint library don't show on iOS PowerApps

I have powerapp app with sharepoint list and library as datasource. Everything works perfect except on iOS device. Images from SP lib don't show on iOS. On studio and web works perfect. All other data from sp my app show on iOS except images. I guess problem is in authorisation iOS with SharePont, but why only with images?

Please help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Gidrone_NS

Re: Images from SharePoint library don't show on iOS PowerApps

Thank you all...

I find different (youtube link) and for me simplest solution: In SP a created list with column with type "Multi Line text" (plan) with name 'PhotosURL', and Patch this field with image from my camera. That it's. All trick is in use Base64 image format.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Gidrone_NS,

Thanks for your sharing. The solution that you provided is also an alternative solution.

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Gidrone_NS,

The user @sajarac has faced same issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Share-point-pictures-can-not-be-seen-on-IOS-D...

I have also posted this issue to my product team, the response from @Reza Shojaei (Senior Tech Lead) as below:

Pictures that need authentication on SharePoint are not supported yet.

If you want to display images from SP library within your app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Gidrone_NS

Thank you all...

I find different (youtube link) and for me simplest solution: In SP a created list with column with type "Multi Line text" (plan) with name 'PhotosURL', and Patch this field with image from my camera. That it's. All trick is in use Base64 image format.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Gidrone_NS,

Thanks for your sharing. The solution that you provided is also an alternative solution.

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Power Automate Staff Audrie-MSFT
Power Automate Staff

Someone reached out to me via email regarding this, so I did a test on an iPhone X. As a result I found that although it does not display the full photo, it does display the thumbnails, and you have small medium and large size thumbnails which should help alot.

My suggestion:

Use the thumbnails, but create an OnSelect that launches them in the browser when tapped on from the phone. (If they have OneDrive on their device it will open the photo.

Here I have the gallery with thumbnails (called GalleryThumbnails) on the main screen:

pic1.jpg

but here on the details screen I put an image control at the top of the screen directly pointing to the Uri - so it's not showing up on my device (web optimization is probably the root cause but adding @FilipK to comment on this)

pic2.jpg

Hope this helps. @FilipK please let us know if a fix is planned.

Thank you,

Audrie

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 283 members 4,717 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: