cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
struebigm
Level: Powered On

Import XML to collection - XML Genrated by Access export

Hi

I'm trying to pull in data to a collection as I found users can access my Sharepoint list.

I've followed this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-update-collection and it works using the sample XML format but when using mine exported from Access the upload is not considered a Powerapps file.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Import XML to collection - XML Genrated by Access export

Hi @struebigm,

Have you tried exporting from Access  to Excel, formatting the data as a table and then saving the file on OneDrive or Dropbox.  You can create a connector to your file and select the table to bring in as a datasource.  If you are going to use it simply as a lookup table and not make any changes to it, you can bring it in as a Static datasource and use it instead of a collection.  The main advantage is that Collect and ClearCollect are not delegatable.  But a static datasource can have as many as 15,000 rows, there is no lag in doing lookups on it ,and all powerapps functions are delegatable. 

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @struebigm,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you want to import your exported zip file from your Access into your app using Import control?

Further, is there only one XML file within your exported zip file?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding on the sample XML data (e.g. PriceList.zip).

Actually, there are two files within the Sample zip file -- data.xml and schema.json. The screenshot as below:3.JPG

The data.xml file stores the source data. The schema.json file is a configuration file, which used to tell PowerApps how to import the data.xml data into an app.

as an alternative solution, I agree with @Drrickryp's thought almost. You could consider take a try to create a Excel file within your OneDrive folder, then copy data from your Access and paste it into the created Excel file (Or you could consider convert your XML data file into a Excel file along with data has been formatted as a Table).

After that, format the data within your Excel file as a Table, then you could create a connection to the Excel file from your app.

More details about creating an app based on Excel file, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/get-started-create-from-data

More details about formatting a Excel file as a Table, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/how-to-excel-tips

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @struebigm thanks for posting in the community. Can you review the above replies and advise if they were helpful?

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 343 members 6,602 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: