cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chad_Mitchell
Level: Powered On

Imported Excel Table No Refresh Option on Data Source

I have a powerapp that I have imported a static Excel table into.  Simply using the table to provide choices for my radio buttons.  This is the first app where my data sources are now located on the canvas app sidebar.  When selecting the data sources I do not have the refresh option, only remove.  Any ideas what may have happened with this particular app?  I have other apps and the data sources are not part of the side bar and still give me the pop-up data source window where I can refresh data from.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Imported Excel Table No Refresh Option on Data Source

Hi @Chad_Mitchell 

Store this excel file in SharePoint or in OneDrive and ensure all the users who are using this App have access to this excel file

Even better, store data in a SP list (in modern sharepoint you can directly import excel and create a list) - then you could use this list to drive administartion your radio buttons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Chad_Mitchell 

Imported excel file into PowerApp just acts like a static collection that cannot be refreshed

Only way to update it is to reimport the excel file

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Chad_Mitchell

Do you have recommendations on how to better control this so I can refresh data if the file is changed?  The reason I ask is if I am using this to populate radio buttons it may change due to additonal radio buttons added, or wording might change on what is used already.   I use a couple SharePoint lists for two other apps I created, but I have similar issues updating those when the backend Excel data changes.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Chad_Mitchell 

Store this excel file in SharePoint or in OneDrive and ensure all the users who are using this App have access to this excel file

Even better, store data in a SP list (in modern sharepoint you can directly import excel and create a list) - then you could use this list to drive administartion your radio buttons

View solution in original post

Chad_Mitchell

That is what I did for the other two apps.  I will just use that method again.  Seems a little limiting and would be easier if I could just refesh the excel data.  Easy enough to remove and re-add the data source since the excel file is small.  Thank you for the informaton!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,991)