cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sheltduk
Level: Power Up

Importing and exporting pictures into/ out of CDS

Hi I'm new to the forum and maybe this has been asked before so appologies... 

I think the CDS and PowerApps is a fantastic idea however I was wondering if there is a way of importing/ exporting pictures into/ out of the Common Data Service. I have used MS Access for all my business needs. I use it for observations/ inspections where I take pictures and import them into the database and use these for detailed reports. I was wondering if you can do this with the CDS? It's getting the images out! 

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks Kevin

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Importing and exporting pictures into/ out of CDS

Hi sheltduk,

Please check this thread for a reference, @Vijeta mentioned that in future we will be able to bulk import images through the data import functionality.
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/image-or-photo-in-CDM-Common-Data-Model/td-p/774...

I also test this issue on my side. I create an entity which has an image field. I add images through PowerApps, the images are displayed well on the app.

However, when I try to export the data to Excel, the image field doesn’t appear on the Excel, though I have set it as Required.

So I am afraid that it has not been supported yet currently.

I haven’t seen similar request on PowerApps Ideas Forum, please consider to create a new one, and I will suggest other customers who have the same request to vote your idea at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sheltduk
Level: Power Up

Re: Importing and exporting pictures into/ out of CDS

Thanks for the information. I will check out the links that you sent me and will post in the new ideas forum

Regards Kevin

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,085)