cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlister
Level 8

Improved app rendering issues

I received banner message asking me to try using the improved app rendering. When activating this feature the combo boxes don't align correctly and do not allow me to select an option using the web player. The other issue I am experiencing while using the improved app rendering feature is the options inside the  list box control are not displaying. Switching back to classic rendering fixes both issues.

ImprovedAppRenderingIssueComboBox.pngUnable to select an employee

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

Re: Improved app rendering issues

There is a bug in Studio 3.18094 when Improved App Rendering is disabled where the ComboBox drop down doesn't correctly render adjacent to the control.  This should not affect Studio when Improved App Rendering is enabled or Players in both modes.  This has been fixed in version 3.18101 which is currently deploying worldwide; deployment is expected to compete by Thurday for all regions.

@jlister @systemcrash @ericonline When you enabled (or disabled) Improved app rendering, did you close and re-load the app?  This is required when switching between Classic Mode and Improved App Rendering Mode, or vice versa.

@ericonline Can you confirm that the ComboBox drop down issue persists when enabled Improved App Rendering, saving, close, and re-loading the app?  We have not been able to reproduce the bug when these steps are taken.

View solution in original post

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@WilliamVingaard Great! I'm gald to hear. 🙂

@SilverK@jlister@PatrickOToole PowerApps Web Studio version 3.18111 was successfully deployed at the end of last week.  ComboBox selection should now be fully functional in both classic rendering and improved rendering modes.

View solution in original post

100 REPLIES 100
Highlighted
tianaranjo
Level 8

BUG: Improved app rendering issues

I am experiencing similar issues with a Combo Box; the choices are being displayed halfway off the bottom of the screen. 

Any recommendations for resolving this?  

Edit:  Added Photo

elyse93
Level: Powered On

I'm experiencing the same issue. I can't select options from a combo box when testing in design studio with the new rendering.

Super User
Super User

We have the same issue. App is due to go into prod tomorrow and now this issue. PLEASE ADDRESS THIS NOW. 

Thank you

systemcrash
Level: Powered On

Re: BUG: Improved app rendering issues

I'm experiencing the same issue.  

Everything was working fine friday in editor mode.

Now on editor mode.  Every combo box, the choice are being displayed way down the form and can't pick (select any choice)

On the version I published last week, everything seems to work properly (thanksfully)

Super User
Super User

Re: BUG: Improved app rendering issues

Thank you for responding. @powerapps Team, please respond with a fix. This is being repoprted by multiple people. Its one of those things thats out of our control as app authors. Since the IDE is managed, we need your assistance to address this ASAP.

Thank you

PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Hi All - we are investigating now - can everyone on the thread please confirm that switching back to classic reneding is resolving the issue?

Adding @FilipK from our controls team.

Thanks,
Clay.
PowerApps Staff FilipK
PowerApps Staff

If you are seeing this inside a Form, can you ensure you are using the Edit Selection or View selection cards and not the Lookup ones.

To do this, 

1. Select the form

2. Click on the properties panel on the right

3. Click on the Data item to open the data panel

4. Under the Fields section, find the field in question and make sure it is using an Edit selection or View selection data card, and not a Lookup card.

If you are seeing the problem outside of forms, let us know.

jlister
Level 8

@CWesener I was incorrect, the issue regarding the combo box is not related to the improved app rendering. To clarify, there are two separate issues. The first issue is the combo box presentation, which it is not related to the rendering feature. The second issue deals with the list box control, which is related to the app rendering.
Issue 1) When launching the app inside the browser by clicking play or when launching the app from within iOS app, the combo box displays and aligns properly. However, when editing the app in the browser, the combo box does not display or align as it should.
Issue 2) However, there is an issue with list box control when using improved app rendering. The options are not visible until the app is switched back to classic mode. However, this issue is only present when editing the app in the browser. This does not seem to affect the app when using the iOS version.

@FilipK I am using a combo box with no form. The source is set to use office365users.

Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:TrimEnds(ComboBox2.SearchText)}),AccountEnabled)

jlister
Level 8

I am not using a form. I am only using a Combobox.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,364)