Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SilverK
Level: Powered On

Re: Improved app rendering issues

I'm having similar issues. 

I can not use "Improved App Rendering", because it will mess up form. It would take days to make it correct again. 

Also I can not edit Classic Rendering anymore, because Comboboxes are not selectable (list under combobox displays, but i can not select anything) anymore. It occurs with new and old apps. 

I created new app and: 

* in classic rendering, comboboxes are not selectable. 

* In improved rendering, comboboxes are selectable. 

When will we have fix? I can not edit existing apps or make new ones until those issues are resolved. 

jlister
Level 8

@_Corey_ As mentioned by @SilverK , we are both still experiencing the same issues. Unable to use the improved app rendering and not able to edit with classic rendering. As a workaround, I am having to test/edit while enabling the improved app rendering, ignoring all of its issues. Then, switching back to classic mode before releasing the app. I have been having to work this way for a few weeks with no update. Is there a timeframe as to when either improved app rendering or classic will be completely fixed? 

PatrickOToole

@_Corey_, we see this issue on our end too. It eliminates our abilitly to use mutli-select on our PowerApps.  Any update on the timing of the fix would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@WilliamVingaard We believed we've identified the scrolling issue you are experiencing.  We expect the fix to ship by the end of the week of November 8th.

@SilverK@jlister@PatrickOToole We have identified the issue preventing ComboBox selection in Studio when classic mode is enabled.  We are working to expedite a fix.  We will let you know when it is expected to be delivered.

jlister
Level 8

Thanks @_Corey_!

WilliamVingaard

@_Corey_ Great news, thanks!

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@SilverK@jlister@PatrickOToole The fix for being unable to select ComboBox items in Studio in classic rendering mode is scheduled to be released worldwide next week with version 3.18111.

@WilliamVingaard Apologies, I got my previous release dates mixed up.  The scrolling fix should also be part of the 3.18111 release next week..

Super User
Super User

Hello @_Corey,

I'm now having the same issue as @systemcrash. "The combo show up correctly indeed (not at the bottom anymore) but I still CAN'T select any item in IDE and IDE preview."

I cannot select an item from a Combobox in the IDE Preview.

What is the fix? This app has been in production since May 2018. 

Thank you

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@ericonline This is a Studio issue only when classic mode is enabled--apps will continue to work correctly in web & mobile players.  This fix for this issue is expected to be deployed this week.  I will notify everyone on this thread once world-wide deployment has completed.

Super User
Super User

Thanks for the prompt response. This just bit me today...

Scenario:

• I'm debugging a complex issue in a prod-only application (no "trial" app nor "trial" db, all-prod)
  • I'd like to hardcode a colleauge's email into the app to submit a test
  • Unfortunately, I can't submit a test in the IDE with this combobox issue
  • And I can't hardcode my colleagues email into the prod app (30-40 active daily users)

By no means am I blaming 🙂 , just giving an idea of impacts (both on my lack of a trial env! and the combobox issue)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,069)