cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Improved app rendering issues

Hello,

I also confirmed that Combobox selections now work in the IDE preview.

SilverK
Level: Powered On

I also confirm that comboboxes issue is now solved. 

But still improved rendering does not work - all items are on top of each other and hidden items are visible. 

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@SilverK This sounds like a layout exception.  What are the chances you have a form with groups or other non-datacard controls as immediate children?

karacsondi

We are having an issue with Navigate (with 'none' animation effect) between screens containing galleries - as you can see on the gif below, it shows in a kind of overlapping way on the galleries before the new screen would be fully loaded. It happens only over galleries (where item source is a delegatedly filtered SPO list), and it works perfectly with 'classic' rendering.

Any tips on how it can be fixed with improved rendering is ON? We are fine with classic rendering also as soon as the 'improved' one is not forced, but I'm afraid the clock is ticking...

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

@karacsondi Can you set Gallery.Transition to None and check if it still happens? I want to make sure it is a bug we are aware of.

karacsondi

@tahoon : Changed it from .push to .none at both galleries but it still happens.

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

I don't observe this problem with my apps.

• Have you tried other browsers?
  • Is the gallery at the top-level or inside another control like another gallery, a scrollable container, or form?
  • Does it happen with all galleries? What about other apps?
karacsondi

Same behavior in Chrome and FF, gallery is at top level of a non-scrollable screen. Problem got solved by re-creating the gallery in a new screen within the same app with the same setup, where it works properly. Weird enough but I let it go.

Highlighted
hjaf

I have issues with the app restarting (or crashing) all the time. It may be more likely to happen when scrolling through large galleries and lists with 100-300 items, but sometimes it seems to happen randomly as well. There is no error so I can only guess the reason beyond this point. I found someone mentioning the improved rendeing is the cause.  I have done some testing and indeed it seems to be much more stable and responsive now that I have disabled the improved rendering.  We are running iOS 12.2 and PowerApps 3.19053.21

Will developers enforce the new rendering even when there are issues like this present? Anyone else experienced similar issues?

I have tried improving some of the forms and screens by pure speculation on what could be memory/cpu intensive, but it is a waste of time unless I have some hint as to what the cause is. There should be some error messages available to the app designers.  Perhaps there already is, if so, where? 🙂 

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@hjaf This is a reported issue that we are actively investigating--particularly related to iPhone devices.  We will update this thread as we know more.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 323 members 6,157 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: