cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

Re: Improved app rendering issues

@bhayden If it is not already, please ensure the Use longer data cache timeout and background refresh setting is disabled in App settings -> Advanced settings.

bhayden
Level: Powered On

I did notice this was enabled on one of my main apps.

I will test it to see if there are any improvements.

Thank you,

rliles

@_Corey_is what I am seeing also a result of a memory issue and thus resolved after 10/21?  

I have a checklist app that I have created.  It is loading a list of 25 questions from a sharepoint list of around 70 entries.  When under classic mode it renders perfectly, but when it is switched to Improved Rendering (which seems to be happening automatically now) the scrolling from my IOS device causes the gallery items to disappear and also only shows 14 of the 25 gallery items. 

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@Tacsi The fix for missing items in ComboBox drop-downs has been deployed to all production regions with Studio release 3.19101.  You will need to edit and re-publish your app(s) for the changes to take effect.

@rliles Your gallery issue sounds unrelated to the memory fixes in 3.19094.  Can you provide more info + screen shots?  Also, if you set label to CountRows(Gallery.AllItems), does it correctly display 25? or only the 14 that you see?

rliles

Sure @_Corey_   I have included 3 pictures from my IPhone.  The first shows how it is displayed in Classic Rendering, the other 2 show what happens when I use improved render.  Obviosuly the formatting is different (less appealing) and data is disappearting.  You can see from the top of the screenshots where the countrows shows the proper amount of 25.

Tacsi

Thanks @_Corey_ 

rliles

@_Corey_This still isn't working and it looks like I no longer have the option to choose classic mode.  Was it fully removed?  I really need a solution to this so I don't negatively impact the users by publishing not under classic mode.

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@rliles So that I understand, you are using a variable-height gallery with the following children: auto-height label (text), 2 regular labels (id, media items), radio button set, checkbox, icon (camera), and rectangle for the background?  Did I miss anything?  Which controls have their Y values dependent upon the height of the main text label?

In the meantime, you can use this direct link to edit your app in classic rendering: https://preview.create.powerapps.com/v3.19091.18.124726339/studio/

If you have already upgraded your app, you may need to restore it to this version (or earlier, if your app was never saved with this version).

Highlighted
rliles

Thanks @_Corey_ For now I have removed the variable height gallery and replaced it with a fixed height.  Everything else is exactly the same and I do not see this behavior.  This appears to be a bug within the variable height gallery.  Are you seeing the same?

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@rliles We haven't seen this issue specifically.  We are aware of some performance issues with variable-height gallery that are on our road-map to fix.  I am trying to understand your specific case as to why it is rendering so differently.  We expect the variable-height gallery to render almost pixel perfect with the classic gallery.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,943)