cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Improved app rendering issues

Just a heads up @_Corey_, the issue with comboboxes and not being able to select items is CHROME-specific. I just tried in IE 11 and I'm able to select values. 

Super User
Super User

@_Corey_ and..... now I've lost the ability to select things from comboboxes in IDE preview, in Internet Explorer.... Worked for about an hour! Frustrating.

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@ericonline I understand your frustration.  Studio 3.18111 has begun world-wide deployment--it will likely hit US regions tomorrow.

If you require an immediate workaround, I can propose the following for Chrome:  

1) Open DevTools (F12) (DevTools must remain open for this to work)

2) Under the Sources tab, open (Ctrl-P) AppMagic.Authoring.js; click Pretty print { } at the bottom-left of the source window

3) Around line 1852, you will see a line that reads "e.stopPropagation()" under "ko.bindingHandlers.suppressEventPropagation -> update -> ... -> addEventListener"

4) Add a breakpoint on this line with the following condition: e = { stopPropagation: function(){} } && false

5) Try making ComboBox flyout selections--this should work now!

Super User
Super User

Thanks for the details! I'm up for an adventure 🙂 This is my first time doing anything meaningful with Chrome Dev Tools, so beware!

For those looking to follow similar steps to debug PowerApps javascript issues, here are some additional steps I needed in order to get things moving:

1) Open DevTools (F12  CTRL+SHIFT+I) (DevTools must remain open for this to work)

4) Add a breakpoint on this line with the following condition: e = { stopPropagation: function(){} } && false

4.a: To add a conditional breakpoint, right click the line number (1852 in this case) click Edit Breakpoint.

The system stops when a combobox is selected. Trying the pause icon doesn't seem to get me going anywhere. No biggie, I'm likely doing something incorrect. I'll look forward to the fix hitting the studio soon.

jscriptDebug.png

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

You may want to try wrapping part of the condition in paranthesis:  (e = { stopPropagation: function(){} }) && false

Laureverett
Level: Powered On

@_Corey_ If I am reading this thread right, then my issue with improved rendering should be fixed soon. I am having an issue with my detail screen. When i go into a persons details the text will be jumbled up. Also, the pictures do not show sometimes. I have hide field if field is blank enabled on my detail screen. I have turned off improved rendering and it is now working perfectly. Can you let me know if this will be fixed soon. I have attached two screenshots of my issues.

Thanks!!

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@Laureverett When was the last time your app was republished with improved app rendering enabled?  A fix for the bug you describe was released at the end of last week.  However, we are aware of some cases where the fix was not sufficient.  If the problem still persists, I encourage you to jump into this thread here since it is more relevant than this one.

WilliamVingaard
Level: Powered On

I can verify that the scrolling issue is now gone on my end. Thanks 🙂

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@WilliamVingaard Great! I'm gald to hear. 🙂

@SilverK@jlister@PatrickOToole PowerApps Web Studio version 3.18111 was successfully deployed at the end of last week.  ComboBox selection should now be fully functional in both classic rendering and improved rendering modes.

View solution in original post

jlister
Level 8

Indeed it has fixed the issue. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,163)