cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamras
Level 10

Include "Assigned To" as text in Gallery?

I added a connection to a SharePoint Online Task List.  In PowerApps, I have 2 menus "Assigned To Me" and "Initiated By Me" --  How do I include a text label within the gallery to display the "Assigned To" name?   I tried below

ThisItem.'Assigned To'

but it give an 'expected text value' error. I added .DisplayName or .Email at the end but it didnt work as well.  I could not find any online resourse on how to accomplish this.  The "Assigned To" column also allows multiple values.

Basically, each gallery item returns the Task Title, Due Date, and Assigned To (for Initiated By Me screen.  And Task Title, Due Date, and Author for the Assigned To Me screen.  For the "Author" i used below:

ThisItem.Author.DisplayName
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Include "Assigned To" as text in Gallery?

Hi @Tamras ,

Do you enable the "Allow multiple selections" option for the "Assigned To" field in your Task List?

If you have enabled the "Allow multiple selections" option for the "Assigned To" field in your Task List, I think there is something wrong with the formula you provided.

If you enabled the "Allow multiple selections" option for the "Assigned To" field in your Task List, the result the ThisItem.'Assigned To'.DisplayName formula returns is a Table value rather than a Text value.

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think the Concat function could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:10.JPG

Within your Gallery, your should set the Text property of the Label to following:

Concat(ThisItem.'Assigned To', DisplayName & "; ")

Or

Concat(ThisItem.'Assigned To', DisplayName & " & ")

Please take a try with above formula in your Gallery, check if the issue is solved.

More details about the Concat function, please check the following article:

Concat function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@Tamras 

'Assigned To' in a Task list is a person column.  Therefore your formula ThisItem.'Assigned To'.DisplayName should be giving you results.  Make sure you have not been trying to change the SharePoint list without refreshing the DataSource in PowerApps to test.  If you make changes to the datasource, then you will need to refresh it to reflect the changes.

If this is not the case for you - then please provide more details on any changes you might have to the Task list and specifically the Assigned To column (i.e. have you changed it to a multiple choices option?)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Tamras ,

Do you enable the "Allow multiple selections" option for the "Assigned To" field in your Task List?

If you have enabled the "Allow multiple selections" option for the "Assigned To" field in your Task List, I think there is something wrong with the formula you provided.

If you enabled the "Allow multiple selections" option for the "Assigned To" field in your Task List, the result the ThisItem.'Assigned To'.DisplayName formula returns is a Table value rather than a Text value.

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think the Concat function could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:10.JPG

Within your Gallery, your should set the Text property of the Label to following:

Or

Concat(ThisItem.'Assigned To', DisplayName & " & ")

Please take a try with above formula in your Gallery, check if the issue is solved.

More details about the Concat function, please check the following article:

Concat function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Tamras
Level 10

I already tried with .DisplayName and it remained blank - I also refreshed the data connection.
2019-05-31_0845.png

Tamras
Level 10

Thanks @v-xida-msft , your solution worked perfectly!! And yes, I have Allow Multiple Selections enabled

I tried concat before too...but my formula used a dot not a comma between 'Assigned To' and DisplayName

Concat(ThisItem.'Assigned To'.DisplayName & ";")

Super User
Super User

@Tamras 

Yup, that's why I was asking about if you had changed to Allow Multiple... 😉

Glad you got it working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,608)