cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rinu007
Level: Powered On

Increase the width of the power apps forms and add header

couple of days back i have started working on power apps to create forms.I am used to infopath.

I have few doubts.

1) how do i increase the default height and width of the form?

when i tried to increase the size half of which gets cut around the right side. Please see the image below.

Capture.PNG

2) how to add a header\banner?

I couldnt find an option or dont know how to move all the controls in the forms towards the bottom to add a label 

3) create multiple form and show it to user based on status or role of the manager?

4) move or adjust the fields around the form 

The above where very easly done using infopath but i guess it is the same with power apps just got to get used to it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Increase the width of the power apps forms and add header

@rinu007

Here you go. I made a video just for you. Covers everything we have discussed. Let me know what you think. PowerApps Custom Forms

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

When you create your App in PowerApps you can choose to use the mobile or tablet size. That is what controls the size of your screen. You can change it after the fact by going to File > App Settings > Screen Size and Orientation. 

You can select any control and drag it around the screen. You could also select them all using the CTRL button plus clicking each control. Then drag them all down. Then to make a header I usually insert a rectangle image and then type on top of that.

To create another screen use the New Screen button from the ribbon. You can then create a button that and set the OnSelect property to be Navigate(Screen2,Cover) to switch to your new screen.

Does that help?

I have a whole playlist of getting started videos for PowerApps. I think you would find several of them helpful as you transition from InfoPath. This is the future so you made a good choice. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCGGtLsUjhm2bonhBZuEhZU72QkFjOpc6 

Shane

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
rinu007

Thanks Shane,

your tips are certainly valuable I was able to expand the width and height fFile > App Settings > Screen Size and Orientation. 

I am currently editing the edit form of a sharepoint list the thing i am struggling with is adding heading. or a title bar. 

I am not able to add a space between or in the top of the forms to add heading . 

You can select any control and drag it around the screen. You could also select them all using the CTRL button plus clicking each control. Then drag them all down. Then to make a header I usually insert a rectangle image and then type on top of that.

* I am not able to move all the controls together to a little bit below towords the bottom to add the header.

Capture.PNG

The ideal form looks like blow. I will be nice to add a sections , line separations etc 

Capture.PNG

Super User
Super User

I see the confusion. You are using a form, aren't you? If yes then my feedback changes slightly.

And I just wrote you a long reply telling you that you couldn't do what you wanted. And then I figured it out. Give me a couple of hours and I think you just inspired my next video "Customizing Forms in PowerApps". I learned something new so we should share it with the world.

Shane

Super User
Super User

@rinu007

Here you go. I made a video just for you. Covers everything we have discussed. Let me know what you think. PowerApps Custom Forms

View solution in original post

rinu007

Fantastic Video Shan, you covered everything i posted and more. I think i will be nice to see more on Power Apps custom forms.

Since people are trying to find an easy replacement for infopath.  

is it possible to increase the height of the form created using tablet layout or is it set. and will it be possible to change the status based on the status field?

I would definitely propose a repeated table section with power apps and would like to see more cool things from your channel .

Highlighted
venkatkonjeti

Hi Shane,

Is there a way to set the perfect height and width for the screen when you are "Customize SharePoint Form with PowerApps". 

I did change the screen resolution but the height was fixed to 490px (which is default height of Landscape -> small) which i can`t override. This yields to form on the sharepoint page cut to 3/4 th height of screen.

Thanks,

Venkat Konjeti

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 170 members 5,483 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: