cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morghan
Level: Powered On

Incremental Search in Choice drop-down

Hello,

I am curious if it's possible to have incremental search functionality, or "real-time suggestions," implemented into a custom Powerapps form. The example I have is a column called "Property" which includes a choice drop-down list of all of our properties, starting with their ID number:

dropdown-1.jpg

I can type "115" for example, and it'll suggest the "115 - Best in the West" property as seen below:

dropdown-2.jpg

But I am wanting to implement the ability to type "Best" and it suggest that property as well, for example. I've not found anything helpful online yet about this. Any ideas?

dropdown-3.jpg

Thank you,

M

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Incremental Search in Choice drop-down

Hi @Morghan 

If you replace the Dropdown control on your card with a Combobox control, that would provide you with a search facility.

If you do this, you'll need to configure the Update property of the card so that it refers to the Combobox, rather than the Dropdown that you deleted.

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @Morghan ,

It seems that you are using combo box, and the search mechanism is by design, we cannot modify the standard control.

Here is an alternative workaround, I made a search box demo composed by Label, Textinput and Gallery.

StoG_4.gif

the work principle :

When textinput is selected , the gallery turn to be visible and show the choices items filtered by the text of textinput. Then select the gallery Items, pass the value to label, meanwhile, the textinput and gallery  turn into invisible.

I share this demo app in the attachment, you can download and have a try. you just need to Modify Col_choices collection in filter function of Items of Gallery to Choices('SP list'.Property)

Snipaste_2019-11-21_12-28-34.png

Best regards,

Sik

Morghan
Level: Powered On

Hi @timl - I added a combo box control and it's data source is automatically choosing the list in which my app/custom form lives. But, how can I point just the combo box to a custom list elsewhere in SharePoint?? I am going through the steps in this article (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-sharepoint-onlin...) but do not see where I can look for a custom list to pull data from.... "Under Choose a list, select the check box for Documents or one or more lists that you want to use, and then select Connect"

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,780)