cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nsvrana
Level: Powered On

Insightly not available as a data source in content menu

When selecting the data source for content in a list view, I'm provided the option to select "TextualGallerySample" but unable to select "Insightly." When I click on the data icon, the only option is "Add a data source" despite the fact that it shows up as a connected data source on the "Data sources" screen. Is there something I'm missing to be able to import data from that source?

insightly.PNGadd data.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff joem
PowerApps Staff

Re: Insightly not available as a data source in content menu

This is all by design, granted there is some confusion due to the 'Data Sources' panel name.

Insightly is a Service connector. It provides service functions, but no data tables that can be imported. The gallery only provides the list of Data Sources which are tabular in nature. To fix your issue, edit the "Items" property of the gallery and set it to the result of calling a function like:

Items = Insightly.ListProjects().projects

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Nsvrana,

I am not able to check your Images. Here is a document about "Add a data connection in PowerApps", hope it can be a reference for you:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/add-data-connection/

Please free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Nsvrana,

Now I am able to check your images. I assumed that you have an app1, and its data source is “Insightly”. And you also want to select the data source “Insightly” in app2. Am I right?
I would suggest you add a new connection from app2 to the data source “Insightly”, so that you can choose it in your app2.

I have an app which is connecting to the data source named as “tyuiioo”, then add a Gallery control in a new screen, when I click the data source icon, I can select the data source “tyuiioo”.

insightly.PNG
Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nsvrana

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

Unfortunately this interpretation is incorrect. There is only "app1". In "app1" I have added the Insightly data source, but when I click the data source icon you have highlighted, the only option remains "Add a data source". On the data sources page, Insightly is connected, if I add it again, it adds "Insightly2" but does not show up in the menu for data sources.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Nsvrana,

I assumed that you are using PowerApps studio for Web. When I test this issue on Web player, I get the same result with you.
In a new screen, add a Gallery control, click the data source icon, the only option is “Add a data source”, though a data source has already been connected. After I add the data source again, it would be shown as 111_1.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Do you have PowerApps studio for Windows? It works well on desktop studio, if you have one, please try it on desktop studio.

Thanks for your feedback, I will collect and report this from my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

PowerApps Staff joem
PowerApps Staff

This is all by design, granted there is some confusion due to the 'Data Sources' panel name.

Insightly is a Service connector. It provides service functions, but no data tables that can be imported. The gallery only provides the list of Data Sources which are tabular in nature. To fix your issue, edit the "Items" property of the gallery and set it to the result of calling a function like:

Items = Insightly.ListProjects().projects

View solution in original post

nsvrana

Hi @joem,

I assumed this may be the case, but the UI definitely had me thrown for a loop. Thanks for the response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,101)