cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JT84
Level: Powered On

Intermittent Blank Edit Form v3.19054.15

Hello,

I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with an edit form in my app. At this minute, the edit form works in Powerapps studio, but not in the published version. This behaviour is not very consistent however as previously it has not worked in the studio but has worked in the published version. 

My form has a datasource (sharepoint list)

The item is as follows: 

First(Filter(LIVE_tbl_milestoneDate, schoolID = ProjectGallery.Selected.Title))

where LIVE_tbl_milestoneDate is my sharepoint list.

Here is my form currently in studio:

Initial load works.PNG

And here it is when published. Same item in gallery is selected (although all items should have information to be displayed)

not working.PNG

I have also experienced intermittent context variable problems whereby the variable is empty when I know the data is there. There seem to be a lot of similarities with the previously posted issue here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/A-bug-has-occurred-since-the-last-version-of-...

Thanks for any assistance,

JT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JT84

Re: Intermittent Blank Edit Form v3.19054.15

Just for anyone else who might need this:

My support ticket is still open. 

I recreated my edit form from scratch and think I narrowed down the bug to a formula which set the visibility of a number of datacards based on a slider value. The sliders value was set via the sharepoint list 'item' that drives the form. This seems to be what is causing my form to be blank.

I have since used a context variable, initially taken from the slider and updated everytime the slider changes, to drive the visibility of the data cards. This seems to be working as expected. 

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JT84

I added a label just to sanity check that my edit form item was working in the published app. Label formula is:

IsBlank(First(Filter(LIVE_tbl_milestoneDate, schoolID = ProjectGallery.Selected.Title)))

The output displayed in the label is "false" as I would expect - still, there is no data showing in my published form:labelled.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JT84 ,

I've made a similar test. My version is 3.19054.15.

At the first time, I met the same problem.

But I recreated the app, refreshed the browser and the problem disappeared.

So please try to:

clear your browser cache, recreate the app, refresh the browser and try again.

If the problem still exist, please try to ask for help here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JT84

Thanks for looking at this and reproducing the issue,  @v-yutliu-msft .

I have cleared out my browsing data and it has made no difference. I can't recreate the app as the app is large with sections of it 'in production' and being used by many colleagues. This phase of development is scheduled for release this friday!

I might simply delete my form and create a new one although I'm not sure how that would address the underlying bug.

I have raised a support ticket as you suggest.

Highlighted
JT84

Just to update this thread:

My support ticket is still open. I was hoping that the updated PowerApps version 3.19061.14 would have fixed my issue, but it has not. 

The issue is: 

In studio my edit form populates with the correct data. In the published version of my app, the same edit form never populates with data. 

JT84

Just for anyone else who might need this:

My support ticket is still open. 

I recreated my edit form from scratch and think I narrowed down the bug to a formula which set the visibility of a number of datacards based on a slider value. The sliders value was set via the sharepoint list 'item' that drives the form. This seems to be what is causing my form to be blank.

I have since used a context variable, initially taken from the slider and updated everytime the slider changes, to drive the visibility of the data cards. This seems to be working as expected. 

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 305 members 5,742 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: