cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AIUYM19
Level: Powered On

Invalid argument type when comparing two text values

I have a button on a screen which has the following forumla in the OnSelect property.

UpdateContext({
    galVis:true, frmViewVis:false, 
    dsFiltered:Filter(ds, And(Not(Status.Value="Complete"), Assignee.Email=User().Email))
})

ApowerApps gives me an error on the equals sign between Assignee.Email and User().Email. It throws an error of "invalid argument type." I don't understand why it is throwing this error, because both of those values should be text. The Assignee field in the data source is a SharePoint list item of Person or Group type, limited to a single entry.

My goal is to filter the gallery on items that have a status of anything except "Complete" and where the Assignee email address matches the email address of the current user. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jhall
Level 8

Re: Invalid argument type when comparing two text values

You might try First(Assignee).Email.  Just know that some SharePoint values per users are lists even if you specify that a single value exists.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jhall
Level 8

You might try First(Assignee).Email.  Just know that some SharePoint values per users are lists even if you specify that a single value exists.

View solution in original post

AIUYM19
Level: Powered On

Thank you. This took care of the error. Smiley Happy Now I have a new problem, but it's a different question about how the User() function works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,846)