cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Powerapps what I need?

Hi

I work in HR, so not very techy, so please be patient!

I want to create a survey which our managers will complete for employees in their team.  I have approximately 20 questions, most of which will be on a continuum, using a 7 point scale. See below for an example...

Continuum.jpg

I have looked at Microsoft Forms for this, but the range of question types seems very limited, and I can only create the above image in a vertical sense, which I don't want, and it requires me to enter text at each marker, which I don't want.  Again, see the example below...

Forms sample.png

Someone recommended PowerApps had more functionality than Forms.  Is this the right solution for me?

I have watched the introductory videos, and most suggest I should start with a sharepoint list.   Any suggestions on how I would structure my sharepoint list if I want to create the continuum image above?

Thanks in advance for your help, and please remember, I am not a tech person, so please be gentle!

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Is Powerapps what I need?

Hi @Anonymous,

According to your description and the image, I think your survey result could be shown with the slider control in PowerApps. For more details about how to use it, please have a look at:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/control-slider/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

According to your description and the image, I think your survey result could be shown with the slider control in PowerApps. For more details about how to use it, please have a look at:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/control-slider/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

driverdo19
Level: Powered On

Also consider that if you use Forms, your data won't be that secure as you use PowerApps.

If this form is only destinated for managers, I would advise you to use PowerApps, be aware they will need to have contribute rights on the list where they store their answers (you can also set the option on the SP list that they can only view there own items).

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 315 members 4,641 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: