cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff joem
PowerApps Staff

Re: Is it possible to create a gallery from images saved to Media in PowerApps?

The reason only the url's are saved by SaveData in your scenario is that the urls are not managed by the connector storing the urls. In SharePoint, you should be able to view images if they are bound to an Image column of a List, AND the image is in the image/asset library for the same site as the list.

Going outside the SharePoint site where the list is located is not supported at this time. And I believe only download of those images are supported, but upload may work in the future, I'm not up to date on what the SharePoint connector has supported for those yet

Also, I believe that SharePoint attachments are supported for download (not upload, yet).

MnisiJulius
Level: Power Up

I tried this method, it seems fine but it returns a blank field, the pictures are n ot appearing and I am guessing there is a problem with my navigations or perhaps with the navigation of the image list storage. 

Can you help me clarify why am getting empty previews with no images showing?

Stevevater
Level: Powered On

@MnisiJulius

what is your data source fro th image URL and location of the imge. Sharepoint and Excel work slightly differently.

Most common is the extension does not match exactly (jpeg & jpg).

In Sharepoint the column holding the URL has to be set to Picture in the Hyperlink data type.

In Excel the column name needs to have the word [image] including the brackets after the column name.

not sure if these solve the issue

Steve  Phoenix

Powered Up SharePoint Images In PowerApps
https://www.myconsult.co.za/residue/brians-blog/

Display any image stored anywhere in SharePoint Online, rendered within an app in any resolution / quality as you so desire and highly compressed in size vs. the original image actually stored in SharePoint.

Desktop Video Demo

Mobile Video Demo

pwrfnr
Level: Power Up

@Stevevater

Would you be able to show an example of the switch formula that you have used on the Gallery? 

I am in the same situation as you and I am a total newbie, I am just following the instruction that I can scour in the web. 

Kind Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,920)