cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RB_Accounttrial
Level: Powered On

Is it possible to get values from sharepoint list and display in powerapps textinput field

I have a form (with out datacards), adding Labels and input field, saved using Patch. When I try to edit item, it opens New Item form. So I cretaed a new screen with form adding these labeles.How can I display values from sharepoint list and display in powerapps textinput field

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to get values from sharepoint list and display in powerapps textinput field

Hello

I think I got your issue.

You need to do this:

On PowerApps, create an Form (EditForm with you want to edit; ViewForm if you want to only view the items)

Create an Gallery and set the property of the Gallery to the Datasource you are using.

Create an button on the gallery and set the property of the button to "Select(Parent) ; navigate(yourscreenform)"

Now you go back to the form you created and set the "ITEMS" property to Gallery.Selected.

Explaining what is happening:

When you click on a Item on the Gallery, the form will show the fields of that item, thats why you need to set the Form "ITEMS" to Gallery.Selected.

hope this helps for you.

RB_Accounttrial

Re: Is it possible to get values from sharepoint list and display in powerapps textinput field

I get an error In THe Select(Parent); -The select of a control that does not have a onselect property

Anonymous
Not applicable

make sure your formula is right.

Select(Parent) ; Navigate(yourformscreen ; Fade)

In my case I need to use double ";;", maybe it is your case too.

How did you write the formula?

RB_Accounttrial

My excat requirement is to use the labels and Text input fields instead of datacards. With that I created a screen with sharepoint form and removed the datacards, and added the label and input field. Saved the items in the form to the list using Patch Function.

When I try to add a new item, it works well. At the same time, Edit item and view item, simply displays the new item form itself.

I created 2 forms for edit and view and correctly configured the integration.

So i had a thought, if we could display the current item to the editform, it could help in saving the edit form.

Hope this is clear

Anonymous
Not applicable

HUmm...

I think I got you now...

Im sorry but I dont know how to display on the TextInputs Only... 😞

RB_Accounttrial

I Write as Select(Parent); Navigate(EditScreen,ScreenTransition.Fade) in the Onselect function of the button

RB_Accounttrial

Any help with Labels and input text field to create an edit form?

Super User
Super User

Hi @RB_Accounttrial,

check out @Meneghino‘s blog https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/28/powerapps-101-create-your-own-forms/ I think you will find some information that will help.

RB_Accounttrial

Thanks for your reply. Teh suggested solution will involve the gallery and we cannot edit an item direclty from sharepoint right. It will select an item from gallery itself

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 155 members 5,460 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: