cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akim91
Level: Powered On

Is the on-prem Gateway not supported in Government tenant?

Hello PowerApps Community!

I created a PowerApp using the trial as it wasn't yet supported in the Government Tenant (GCC G3). Now that it is finally available, I tried to import it into my current environment. However, I received some errors and could not establish an on-prem Gateway...

I contacted Microsoft who assigned me a contractor from Mindtree where he told me that the Government tenant will not support an on-prem Gateway. Is this true? He provided very little details regarding this matter.

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Is the on-prem Gateway not supported in Government tenant?

According to the official documentation the on-premises gateway is avialble for the Government cloud.  Search for gateway in this article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-us-government

But there is more than one government cloud.  There are different levels of the GCC so it may not be available in your environment. It may also require special installation for the government cloud.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
akim91

Thank you for the quick response @Pstork1 

I will open a ticket with their support and hopefully they'll be a bit more clear if it's available under our current subscription. I will post any results from our conversation so it can help future users with the same issue.

akim91

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I tried contacting MS Support, who contracts Mindtree Limited, and they don't seem to know the answer as well. They keep giving me the run around, even after sending them screenshots and more info...

For clarification, I am under the GCC G3 tenant. It seems only PowerApps Plan 1 or Plan 2 can install the gateway, but they won't tell me if i'm on either of those plans.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,938)