cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leander
Level: Powered On

Is there any way to make the meeting capture offline capable?

My problem is, if I use this app and I want to export at the end but there is no connection, all my data gets lost.

I edited the ExportConfirm Button that it saves all collections if there is no connection.

Also I changed the onStart of the WelcomeScreen that it checks if there are any saved collections.

If there are, it navigates to the ExportScreen so that the data export can be tried again.

But there isn't any data.
Is there any way to save all that what I have seleceted and edited? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leander

Re: Is there any way to make the meeting capture offline capable?

Thank you samuelJ, but that didn't work either. 

I have solved it now on a different way.

At the ExportScreen the App checks now if the user is connected or not.

If there is no connection the User is only allowed to click a save button. The selected meeting gets saved in a new collection, which is only yused for saving offline. Also the pictures, skatches, tasks and the personal notes are saved. All these collections are then stored into the device storage.

Also I have dublicated the WelcomeScreen for showing the unsuccessful export.

So if the User have saved the meeting the app will navigate to the screen with the unsuccessful exported meeting.

Now the User can try directly again or PowerApps can get closed for trying läter with connection.

When the App then gets started again the onStart loads the Data of that collection where definitely has to be some value if the User have had to save at the last session. 

If there isn't any data the app starts normal.

If there is some data, the gallery of meetings gets disabled and a usually unvisible and disabled button gets visible and selectable. This button navigates then to the screen with the unsuccessful exported meeting.

I was also trying to save more then one meeting but I had problems with the saving of pictures and sketches.

For one Meeting I was able to save all pictures and Sketches but when there gets a other meeting saved with pictures the old ones are overwritten.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
alsabea

have you used savedata loaddata?

Leander

Yes, I save all collections on the ExportConfirm Button with save data and load it at onStart.

alsabea

could you try to make the app use the save date only,remove the connection.connected condition,so we can make sure you device are able to save and load the data,if it successded,than the problem in you code,your condition not working probably ,i think:)

Leander

I have tryed already. I've made an other app were I tested if my device is able to save collections.

There it works. 

I think the problem is that Powerapps isn't saving which chart I have selected in my collection.

samuelJ
Level 8

You can use SaveData() and LoadData().  It will save locally on your phone.  Here is a link: SaveData() LoadData().

On an app Start or somewhere, you can check Connection.connected(), use LoadData() to populate a collection, then Patch() that data.  You would then need to use the Clear() function to clear the data you Patched.  

I have not been able to get SaveData() to work with picture, just FYI.  So if you are trying to save a file or something, I don't believe that capabllity exists.  

Leander

Thank you samuelJ, but that didn't work either. 

I have solved it now on a different way.

At the ExportScreen the App checks now if the user is connected or not.

If there is no connection the User is only allowed to click a save button. The selected meeting gets saved in a new collection, which is only yused for saving offline. Also the pictures, skatches, tasks and the personal notes are saved. All these collections are then stored into the device storage.

Also I have dublicated the WelcomeScreen for showing the unsuccessful export.

So if the User have saved the meeting the app will navigate to the screen with the unsuccessful exported meeting.

Now the User can try directly again or PowerApps can get closed for trying läter with connection.

When the App then gets started again the onStart loads the Data of that collection where definitely has to be some value if the User have had to save at the last session. 

If there isn't any data the app starts normal.

If there is some data, the gallery of meetings gets disabled and a usually unvisible and disabled button gets visible and selectable. This button navigates then to the screen with the unsuccessful exported meeting.

I was also trying to save more then one meeting but I had problems with the saving of pictures and sketches.

For one Meeting I was able to save all pictures and Sketches but when there gets a other meeting saved with pictures the old ones are overwritten.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 238 members 6,459 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: