cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leyburn19
Level 10

Is this a bug?

I have a powerapp that I want to initiate a flow.  I have the flow do a number (4) of "Ask in powerapps" statements.  One of these is linked to Sharepoint Get Items where the Filter Query looks for items based on what I pass from powerapps.  The problem I have is that when I save this request the powerapps piece just dissappears.  No matter what I do this part of the flow never appears in the powerapps fuction to populate. It also disaapears from te dynamic list yet still appears in the query box - totally wierd action

All others are there. Does anybody know why.  Image attached.  Note in this image the before and after ' is removed,  but  I have tried with or without.  

Capture.png

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Is this a bug?

Hi @leyburn19,

From the screenshot, I know that the flow is asking dynamic contents from PowerApps. However, it seems that when adding the flow on a PowerApps button, the request just disappears.

However, the issue could not be reproduced when testing it on my side.

I have made a flow likes below which is triggered by a PowerApps button, and then get filtered items from SharePoint list.

Note: in the action Get items, please make sure surround a single quote on the dynamic content.

1.PNG

When I tried adding the flow on a PowerApps button, no issue occurred.

2.PNG

Could you take another try with it?

If you are still having the issue, please feel free post back. 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
leyburn19
Level 10

Re: Is this a bug?

Unfortunately I tried everything - but would not fix.  Maybe the environment - eg: using Chrome and I started creating the flow from within powerapps itself. PS:  I did do t with '' first as I am aware of that requirement but it failed as well

I have done a workaround so not a biggie to me at the moment.  but is wierd

Work around was to have no filter in  the Get Items.  then do a for each and find the record based on a condition to that action.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,304)