cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahakala_
Level: Powered On

Is this is bug in the gallery.selected expression?

Hi I am trying to display data in a textinput control based on which checkbox is selected in a gallery.  But it seems that the statement: 'Gallery.Selected.CollectionField1' is giving unintended results.  For example in the gallery if I had 2 items A & B.  If I check A first, then I check B second.  Then I uncheck B, and hit the modify button to go back to the previous screen, it should show item 'A' data.  But it shows item 'B', or whatever was checked OR unchecked last.  I tried the Refresh(Gallery1.Selected) or Refresh(Gallery1.AllItems) in the Modify button 'OnSelect' property but that didnt work.   Someone in the forum also suggested I put the expression Set(ResetCheckbox,true);Set(ResetCheckbox,false); in the 'modify' button inside the 'OnSelect' property, then put ResetCheckbox in the reset property of the checkbox, but that did not work. Would appreciate the help. Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Is this is bug in the gallery.selected expression?

Hi @mahakala_ 

Here is the similar thread for your issue, please follow the response shared so that we can debug this together. 

The thing is, gallery selected item is different and the checkbox value true is different. The Gallery selected refers to the last item that got clicked in a gallery, no matter if the checkbox is checked or not.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @mahakala_ 

I think the issue is now resolved on the other thread you posted. Can you please mark this as anwered and close the thread? Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @mahakala_ 

Here is the similar thread for your issue, please follow the response shared so that we can debug this together. 

The thing is, gallery selected item is different and the checkbox value true is different. The Gallery selected refers to the last item that got clicked in a gallery, no matter if the checkbox is checked or not.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @mahakala_ 

I think the issue is now resolved on the other thread you posted. Can you please mark this as anwered and close the thread? Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

mahakala_
Level: Powered On

Thanks @yashag2255 ,

Your answer resolved my issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,256)