Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mccarthyk
Level: Powered On

Issue Updating SharePoint List - PowerApps Trial License

Hello Community,

I have an interesting issue.

I have developed a PowerApp which uses SharePoint to store it's data and also integrates with Flow. The PowerApp, SharePoint List(s) and Flow all operate as anticipated when I test with my user (which has a P2 license), however, the group which will be using the app (who have PowerApps Trial licenses at the moment) are unable to update all necessary data in SharePoint.

There is currently one form submitted (using SubmitForm()) and a few other pieces of data patched to the newly created list item (using Patch()). When the users with trial licenses select 'submit' in the application the form data is stored successfully in SharePoint, however, the Patch() data is not - no data is passed with the Patch() function.

Is this a licensing issue? I have had others on my team with PowerApps licenses test the application and they are able to submit the data successfully. The only issues we are seeing are with the trial licenses at this point.

Any advice would be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mccarthyk

Re: Issue Updating SharePoint List - PowerApps Trial License

@v-xida-msft,

To resolve this I changed the data that was being patched to the SharePoint list to be submitted with the form instead. This doesn't resolve the original issue, however, in this situation the troubled users are now able to submit all required data to SharePoint.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mccarthyk ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the Patch function would not work with PowerApps Plan 2 free trial license?

Further, could you please share a bit more about the Patch formula you used in your app?

Based on the issue that you metioned, I have made a test on my side, and do not have the issue that you mentioned. PowerApps Plan 2 free tial license would have access to all of the features in PowerApps Plan 2 during trial (the PowerApps Plan 2 license is not expired).

Please check if you have typed proper Patch formula within your app. The standard formula format of Patch function as below:

Patch('YourSPList', Defaults('YourSPList'), {Column1: "xx", Column2: "xx", ...})      /* <-- Add new record into your SP List */
Patch(                          /* <-- Edit an existing record in your SP List */
         'YourSPList',
          LookUp('YourSPList', ID = "Specific Item ID Value"),
         {
           Column1: "xx",
           Column2: "xx",
         }
)

Also please consider re-create a new app based on your SP List, then type proper Patch formula within your app. Then run your app with Trial License, try the Patch function again, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mccarthyk

Hello @v-xida-msft,

Yes, it seems to me the Patch function is not working with the PowerApps Plan 2 free trial license (at least for these specific users). The Patch function does work as expectedly for myself and other members of my team with the paid P2 license. 

The OnSubmit property of my button I am using is below, this includes the form submission and the patch function which is not working properly: 

SubmitForm(formApprovalDocument)

; ResetForm(formApprovalDocument)

; Refresh(ContractServices_ApprovalList)

; Set(TopRecord,Last(ContractServices_ApprovalList.ID))

; Patch(
ContractServices_ApprovalList,
LookUp(ContractServices_ApprovalList, ID = TopRecord.ID), {Purchasing: varPurchasing}, {PurchasingCertifiedBy: varPurchasingEmail}, {LegalAffairs: varLegalAffairs}, {LegalAffairsCertifiedBy: varLegalAffairsEmail}, ...
)

SubmitForm(formApprovalDocument) - submits data correctly to SharePoint.

Patch(ContractServices_ApprovalList, LookUp(ContractServices_ApprovalList, ID = TopRecord.ID), {Purchasing: varPurchasing}, {PurchasingCertifiedBy: varPurchasingEmail} .....) - does not send any data to SharePoint for users with the free trial license.

To work around this I will try submitting all of the data through SubmitForm() instead of trying to use Patch(). I will update whether this solves my issue. However, there are circumstances in other applications of mine where the patch function is required. So I assume I will still have a similar issue.

Thank you for the response.

mccarthyk

@v-xida-msft,

To resolve this I changed the data that was being patched to the SharePoint list to be submitted with the form instead. This doesn't resolve the original issue, however, in this situation the troubled users are now able to submit all required data to SharePoint.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 379 members 4,353 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: