cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdeloo
Level: Powered On

Issue while sharing a Canvas app with a guest user in the tenant

Hi all,

We are running a PowerApps pilot within our organizatioin. One of the things we are trying is to set up is guest users within tenant, so that external users are able to reach our Canvas PowerApps.

We have performed the steps in the documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app#share-with-guests

Video: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Videos/Share-PowerApps-With-Guest-External-Users/td-p/348400?utm...

The steps in Azure AD are completed, i.e. the guest user has been added  and provided with a license.

Next an empty Canvas PowerApp has been shared with the guest user:

Capture.PNG

The user correclty receives an invitation through mail. However, after opening the app from the email and logging in with the guest user account, the following message is displayed to the guest user:

Capture2.PNG

At this point we do not know where look for resovling this issue. I have read that sometimes this may occur due to resources not being shared, however I believe there are no resources that need to be shared since it is a blank app.

Would anyone have idea or be able to help?

Details that might help:

• Non-guest users are able to open the app properly
  • Session ID: 236f8a4a-2792-4d2f-bf23-b1e6c78046a8
  • Browser console error: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (): {"error":{"code":"InvalidProviderHostName","message":"The host name 'api.powerapps.com' is not allowed for provider '<null>'"}}
6 REPLIES 6
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Issue while sharing a Canvas app with a guest user in the tenant

Hi @jdeloo ,

I have made a test on my side, the Guest user can open the apps successfully.

Annotation 2019-10-21 145206.png

Annotation 2019-10-21 144930.png

Can you share more details about your guest user setting?

Did the guest user accept the Invation? Does the guest user have PowerApp license?

Have you ever tried with other app that contains something?

Best regards,

Sik

jdeloo

Hi @v-siky-msft ,

Thank you for your reply. Happy to see that you managed.

I have tried with an app that contains data. Unfortunately this leads to same result.

With respect the to guest user setting, all I can think of sharing:

- The guest user has been added to the tenant in Azure AD

- An invitation email was effectively received by the guest and the account set up

- The Microsoft PowerApps Plan 2 Trial license has been assigned to the user in Azure AD

- The PowerApp has been shared with the guest user throuhg make.powerapps.com

- Again an email was effectively received by the guest. When clicking on the link and logging in with the guest user details, the screen as shown in previous post is shown...

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @jdeloo 

It is really werid, but I don't have a better way to find out what the problem is.

I think you can post this issue to this thread: Canvas app guest access public preview feedback .

PowerApps staff is collecting feedback and questions about this new feature, maybe you can get a more helpful answer there

Best regards,

Sik

Kryger

Hey

I have had the same problem, we resolved the problem by removing some connections, which cannot be shared with guest users. This resolved the problems for us.

Best Regards

Christian

jdeloo

Hi @v-siky-msft ,

Thanks for you help in any case. I will try to see if I can get feedback using the suggested thread.

Regards,

Jonathan

jdeloo

Hi @Kryger 

Thanks for the proposed solution. 'Unfortunately' I have no connectors in my app, so I don't think this will help in my case.

Regards,

Jonathan

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,723)