cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KDesai6
Level: Powered On

Issue with Pasting Into PowerApps Textbox

I have a textbox in powerapps in which I am using to paste multiple product codes from different copy-paste sources (i.e. different notes pages). When opening the app, switching to notes, copying a code, switching back to powerapps, and pasting the code; everything works properly for the first code copy-pasted.

However, once I go back to notes and copy a different code to the clipboard, it still pastes the first code I copied into the textbox in PowerApps; although my clipboard still pastes the new code anywhere outside of powerapps (so the copy and paste is working fine outside of PowerApps).

I have restarted my app and device several times and this issue still persists; and I have repeated this issue with different types of textboxes on powerapps. This issue has been repeated on 2 different iPhones as well as an iPad. Any input on how this could be solved would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Issue with Pasting Into PowerApps Textbox

Hi @KDesai6,

It seems that I cannot reproduce your issue. Please answer below questions before going any further:

Is your textbox inside an edit form? If so, what is your data source? 

Have you tested with another app? Please try to create a new app and test.

What app that you copied the text from? Would you please test with another app? 

Have you made sure that your PowerApps app is the latest version? 

Would you please also test with text other than codes?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KDesai6

Thank you for your response @v-monli-msft ,

The textbox is not sourcing data from anywhere; it is a blank box in which we input text.

I have created an empty app with only one page containing two textboxes (single line & rich); I am still having the same issue.

I originally copied the text from "Notes", but the issues persists with other sources as well (i.e. OneNote)

PowerApps is updated to the latest version.

The issue persists with all sorts of text (i.e. 1048, test1056, test, hello world, etc.)

Also, the copy-paste works fine if I am copying text from inside the app; I have this issue whenever I am copying text from outside the app (any other app).

Highlighted
KDesai6

@v-monli-msft 

Let me explain the steps we’re following and the results we’re receiving:

1. Open PowerApps
  2. Switch to other app (this issue happens with Microsoft apps as well, i.e. Word & OneNote)
  3. Copy line from MS Word
  4. Paste into PowerApps HTML Textbox Successfully
  5. Copy another line from MS Word
  6. Attempt to paste into same HTML textbox in PowerApps; the first line copied gets pasted again

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 333 members 6,642 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: