cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IAmTheAppUser
Level: Powered On

Issue with flow and one drive data in Powerapps

I've got two Flow used in Powerapps.

1. The 1st flow gets the list of file names in the shared drive and return back to Powerapps.
  2. Then that the powerapps displays the list of file names. User selects one in Powerapps and click confirm.
  3. After the confirm is clicked, the 2nd flow is triggered. Flow takes one file name that user selected as parameters and looks for the files in the shareddrive and returns the data to Powerapps.

Both Flow works fine for me but not for other users. Users are able to use the 1st flow which they are able to see the file names returend to Powerapps. But failed for the 2nd flow and Powerapps gives the following error message for the 2nd flow:

getUserSelectedFileData.Run failed: { "error": { "code": 502, "source": "australia-001.azure-apim.net", "clientRequestId": "43ffac1b-7dcf-452c-b563-888a7298188b", "message": "BadGateway", "innerError": { "error": { "code": "NoResponse", "message": "The server did not received a response from an upstream server. Request tracking id '08586311134257547289345463211CU01'." } } } }

I have gave the edit rights to users for the shared drive. What have I missed?

Thanks for the help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Issue with flow and one drive data in Powerapps

Hey @IAmTheAppUser 

The problem here is that the file shared with the user on OneDrive is not available for use by other users (currently a known issue and a limitation for the onedrive business connector). This is because the flow looks into the root folder of a specific user and the shared files comes under Shared folder. These files are not directly accessible via a flow.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

@IAmTheAppUser 

In response to your PM for help: I haven't done much with PowerApps + Flow so I don't feel that I have much knowledge to share here.  I have only two suggestions...

1.  Go into Flow and check to see if the flow succeeded or failed.  If the flow failed review the flow history to determine why.

2.  Users in the Flow forum might be able to help you as well.  You could always make a post there. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community/ct-p/FlowCommunity

Other forum members would have better knowledge in this area than me...

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @IAmTheAppUser 

Since the 2nd flow fails,

When another user tries to trigger the second flow

1- does the flow run? - you can check flow history

2 - If flow has riun , see the reason for the error in Flow - it could be because the seocnd flow is trying to do something where the logged in user does not have access to

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

IAmTheAppUser

The flow was triggered.

When user uses it, it gives below error message:

{
"status": 404,
"message": "Item not found",
"source": "api.connectorp.svc.ms"
}

However, I have granted access of the shared folders and even the files to the user.
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @IAmTheAppUser 

Ok so it is an access issue

@IAmTheAppUser wrote:

The flow was triggered.

When user uses it, it gives below error message:

{
"status": 404,
"message": "Item not found",
"source": "api.connectorp.svc.ms"
}

However, I have granted access of the shared folders and even the files to the user.

Highlighted
IAmTheAppUser

Ok I found the issue.

In the 1st Flow, it looks for the files in my onedrive.

In the 2nd Flow, it still looks for the files in onedrive but it depends on who the user is. If I am using it, it looks for the file in my one drive which is fine. But for the user, the Flow would be looking for that file name in their own Onedrive instead of my shared OneDrive.

So Is there anyway to make the Flow looks for the files in the shared OneDrive?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@IAmTheAppUser 

Not sure if that is an option - there is a user voice for this

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/OneDrive-list-files-in-shared-with-me-folders/idi-p/2...

One way would be to store that file in SharePoint

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @IAmTheAppUser 

The problem here is that the file shared with the user on OneDrive is not available for use by other users (currently a known issue and a limitation for the onedrive business connector). This is because the flow looks into the root folder of a specific user and the shared files comes under Shared folder. These files are not directly accessible via a flow.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,935)