cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
leyburn19
Level 10

Issue with internet explorer

I have an app over sharepoint lists,  that all users access through Dynamics 365.  Our default browser is Interenet Explorer.  The app has been operating for 6 months  now.  Everything was fine until recently. Some (not all) users are now experiencing a blank screen when opening the APP.  When I got them to open in Chrome it worked fine so it is not a share issue and points the problem to be with the browser.  I have done a lot of trouble shooting with browser settings, turned off router etc but cannot seem to find out why the sudden change.

Has anyone else seen the problem.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Issue with internet explorer

🙂 we were told to not use IE, need to swith to Chrome, Firefox or Edge.

Cheers!

Super User
Super User

Hi @leyburn19

If 'Compatablity view' is enabled for the PowerApps website, it'll display a blank screen when loads an app. Perhaps this is the problem that you're experiencing?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/PowerApps-not-opening-for-use-in-IE-11/m-p/92...

leyburn19
Level 10

I have heard that a lot over th years,  but the quessssstion is why would microsoft build an app that would have issues with its own IE

leyburn19
Level 10

I am still at a loss on this one and the number of sites using teh app that is getting teh problem is growing.  I have tried everything I can think of.  EG: Compatability, Trusted Sites, Clearing the cache but nothing has fixed it.  Just glad Chrome saves the 'operational' day.  It seems to be an issue with bothe Dynamics 365 and PowerApps

Super User
Super User

I'm also having issue with viewing create.powerapps.com, web.powerapps.com using IE. I also have users that receive "No data source..." errors when using IE. 

Seems silly that MS would have issue with viewing its own web apps using its own web browser.

When visiting create.poweapps.com I get a blank screen. When visiting web.powerapps.com I get a blank screen but the URL changes to https://create.powerapps.com/global/authloginerror#errorKind=UserInterventionNeeded_StorageBlocked&errorDescription=Unable%20to%20access%20localStorage.%20Please%20ensure%20your%20browser%20is%20configured%20to%20allow%20storage%20of%20local%20data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to switch out of IE to either Edge or Chrome or other modern browser.

Super User
Super User

I develop within an enterprise env of ~40k users. That is not a choice I can make. 

digidot
Level: Powered On

We are also having issues with IE, and it was brought to my attention that Microsoft is not interested in making any changes to IE, and as apps become more "Modern" IE will have a hard time working with them. The best option is to switch to a modern browser such as Edge, Chrome or Firefox.

I just wish Microsoft could be more transparent, if they are pulling away from IE, fine. For organizations that only offer IE as their supported browser we need the facts so that we can start moving to Edge as the supported browser. We have spent hours attempting to fix issues that in most cases may never be fixed in IE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a long fight, but I too am in a large organization, and we slowly moved the users who need the new functionality to Chrome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 256 members 6,514 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: