cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blooney
Level: Powered On

Issues updating a sharepoint list

When using patch to update several records from a collection to a Sharepoint List  Like this:

First, ClearCollect(mvlst,MoveList) on the OnVisible propery of a screen, Then Patch to the collection mvlst when user makes changes (clicks on checkboxes) : Patch( mvlist,ThisItem,{field:1}). Then on the UpdateButton's OnSelect Property: Patch(MoveList,mvlst). I get an error "The specified column is read-only and can't be modified". The columns which I patch on the collection are definitely NOT read-only, so I'm not sure what the real problem is. I've tried removing fields that are unnecessary with s DropColumns command, but it hasn't helped: Patch(MoveList,DropColumns(mvlst,columnthatmightbereadonly))

Anyobdy have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Issues updating a sharepoint list

Hi @Blooney,

Could you please take a check with the SharePoint lists?

Make sure there is no Javascripts that make columns in read-only (or write once configured).

Please take use of the errors fucntion to get more details about the Patch(MoveList,mvlst) formula.

Errors function in PowerApps

Which should be helpful to find the problematic column.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Ynotlim

Did you find a solution for this?  Having the same issue, thanks!

PhilD
Level 8

Also experiencing this in a form using a combobox with a custom data source.

Blooney

I have not found an issue, I have accepted it as a bug in powerapps, though I could just be doing something wrong. I have no idea what they are talking about with javascript, I don't know how I could even use javascript in powerapps. I have also found that powerapps is constantly being updated (much like all of office365) so things may change as time goes by. If anybody else has the same problem, or has a solution or suggestion of what to check for, I would appreciate it. I will say that I need have more robust errror checking in my apps, which will reduce enduser issues, and that is what I'm working toward in all my apps now.

Highlighted
lcoates

I have been trying to Patch a Picture Hyperlink Column, and I am getting this Read Only Error Message. I used PowerShell to switch the ReadOnlyField setting to False, but PowerApps is still unable to write to the field with the same message, even after refreshing my data source.

I know a Picture/Hyperlink column is ReadOnly out of the box, but does changing it with PowerShell not make a difference?

For those interested in researching their SharePoint columns in more detail, I used the SPOMod cmdlets: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32334.sharepoint-online-spomod-cmdlets-r...

I would love to hear if anyone can figure this out, as I can't close a picture-taking/loading loop in my app without being able to set this field (due to current limitations around the '{Link}' column not producing an image outside of the editor).

Many Thanks!

aguerram

Hello, i found this solution in a blog:

https://powersweet.blog/2018/12/05/working-around-the-limitations-the-sharepoint-picture-column-in-p...

@lcoates wrote:

I have been trying to Patch a Picture Hyperlink Column, and I am getting this Read Only Error Message. I used PowerShell to switch the ReadOnlyField setting to False, but PowerApps is still unable to write to the field with the same message, even after refreshing my data source.

I know a Picture/Hyperlink column is ReadOnly out of the box, but does changing it with PowerShell not make a difference?

For those interested in researching their SharePoint columns in more detail, I used the SPOMod cmdlets: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32334.sharepoint-online-spomod-cmdlets-r...

I would love to hear if anyone can figure this out, as I can't close a picture-taking/loading loop in my app without being able to set this field (due to current limitations around the '{Link}' column not producing an image outside of the editor).

Many Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,239)