You can't currently get SharePoint groups natively from PowerApps, only Office365 groups.
Idea to vote on it being implemented is here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/get-sharepoint-groups-from-sharepoint-site-in-po...
@gsivasai wrote a great post about using Role-based security from Sharepoint groups by getting them from Flow here: https://svaghub.wordpress.com/2018/11/03/role-based-security-in-powerapps-using-spgroups/
I have a dropdown which has 5 values, need to display certain 3 values based on the user belonging to Offfice 365 groups
I wanted to display the certain Dropdown values based on Office 365 Groups, im using this function and im returning the display name of ther users in the group.
How should i connect this function to the Dropdwon and dsiplayn those values?
Appreciate your help!
@Vangalaso if I get this right:
* you have a dropdown that has in its source a column that you want to use as a filter (let's name it "GroupID")
* you want to make sure that the current user is part of that 'such' group
My first question to you: are those two statement right?
If so, is that for a specific group or multiple groups ?
Maybe if you could provide a view of what your collection (source for the dropdown) looks like and then say what/how you expect to filter it. Then, when I'm sure I understand your objective, I'll make my best to help you out 🙂
Based on what you told me via message, in a very 'hardcoded' way for simplicity sake:
1. In your dropdown source, add a restrictionColumn where you indicate Y or N
2. In the OnLoad of the app, Set a variable (RestrictedUser) to True if the user is not to have access to the whole set (based on Office365Group membership)
3. In the Items property of that dropdown, use a Conditional Filter formula, such as If(RestrictedUser,Filter('mysource',restrictrionColumn="Y"),'mysource')
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Find out where you can attend!
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.