cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarkTurner
Level: Powered On

Issues with Setting SharePoint field values with a button click and then getting that value on subsequent loads of the form - SharePoint Form

Not sure i have titled this right.

I have a sharepoint form for a list that i am customizing.   As such i have a "SharePointForm" Group along with data cards for each of the fields.   One field i have is "Status"   On load of the form i am wanting it to say "new"   Which i can do successfully.   However when a user selects "Save as draft"  If the form is in Draft or New status already,  i want it to set the "Status" field to "Draft"    if the user clicks "Submit"  and the form is in New/Draft status,  i want the status to move to "Submitted".   There are other points throughout the processs where users will need to open and update the form.   and other statuses.    So,  what i have is the following:

on the "Save as Draft" field,  i am using the following:

If(DataCardValue5.Text = "", UpdateContext({Var_Status: "Draft"}), UpdateContext({Var_Status: DataCardValue5.Text}));
SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

On the DataCard i have the default value set to "Var_Status"   and this successfully sets the value and saves the form.  The issue i am having, is that every time the form Loads,   Status is blank instead of pulling through the current status value.   This makes sense to me as the "Var_Status" variable would be blank at this point.   I have attempted to set this variable on form load (OnEdit, OnView events) however because at that point SharePointForm1.Selected is blank,  i am unable to determine which "Status" value to get.

Any suggestions on how i can accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkTurner

Re: Issues with Setting SharePoint field values with a button click and then getting that value on subsequent loads of the form - SharePoint Form

I managed to solve it.   

For those who may come here in future looking for a solution it is below.

Instead of using a global variable,  i used only code on the button.

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue5.Text) Or IsEmpty(DataCardValue5.Text), Patch(MyList, SharePointIntegration.Selected, {FormStatus: "Draft"}), Patch(MyList, SharePointIntegration.Selected, {FormStatus: DataCardValue5.Text}));

I had Tried patch Previously,  however instead of using "SharePointIntegration.Selected"   i tried to use "ThisItem"   once i started using SharePointIntegration.Selected it worked without issue.   This allowed me to set the value as expected without using any variables/other "funky" ways of doing things that i had found in other posts.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarkTurner

Re: Issues with Setting SharePoint field values with a button click and then getting that value on subsequent loads of the form - SharePoint Form

I managed to solve it.   

For those who may come here in future looking for a solution it is below.

Instead of using a global variable,  i used only code on the button.

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue5.Text) Or IsEmpty(DataCardValue5.Text), Patch(MyList, SharePointIntegration.Selected, {FormStatus: "Draft"}), Patch(MyList, SharePointIntegration.Selected, {FormStatus: DataCardValue5.Text}));

I had Tried patch Previously,  however instead of using "SharePointIntegration.Selected"   i tried to use "ThisItem"   once i started using SharePointIntegration.Selected it worked without issue.   This allowed me to set the value as expected without using any variables/other "funky" ways of doing things that i had found in other posts.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 449 members 6,385 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: