cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkTurner
Level: Powered On

Issues with Setting SharePoint field values with a button click and then getting that value on subsequent loads of the form - SharePoint Form

Not sure i have titled this right.

I have a sharepoint form for a list that i am customizing.   As such i have a "SharePointForm" Group along with data cards for each of the fields.   One field i have is "Status"   On load of the form i am wanting it to say "new"   Which i can do successfully.   However when a user selects "Save as draft"  If the form is in Draft or New status already,  i want it to set the "Status" field to "Draft"    if the user clicks "Submit"  and the form is in New/Draft status,  i want the status to move to "Submitted".   There are other points throughout the processs where users will need to open and update the form.   and other statuses.    So,  what i have is the following:

on the "Save as Draft" field,  i am using the following:

If(DataCardValue5.Text = "", UpdateContext({Var_Status: "Draft"}), UpdateContext({Var_Status: DataCardValue5.Text}));
SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

On the DataCard i have the default value set to "Var_Status"   and this successfully sets the value and saves the form.  The issue i am having, is that every time the form Loads,   Status is blank instead of pulling through the current status value.   This makes sense to me as the "Var_Status" variable would be blank at this point.   I have attempted to set this variable on form load (OnEdit, OnView events) however because at that point SharePointForm1.Selected is blank,  i am unable to determine which "Status" value to get.

Any suggestions on how i can accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MarkTurner

Re: Issues with Setting SharePoint field values with a button click and then getting that value on subsequent loads of the form - SharePoint Form

I managed to solve it.   

For those who may come here in future looking for a solution it is below.

Instead of using a global variable,  i used only code on the button.

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue5.Text) Or IsEmpty(DataCardValue5.Text), Patch(MyList, SharePointIntegration.Selected, {FormStatus: "Draft"}), Patch(MyList, SharePointIntegration.Selected, {FormStatus: DataCardValue5.Text}));

I had Tried patch Previously,  however instead of using "SharePointIntegration.Selected"   i tried to use "ThisItem"   once i started using SharePointIntegration.Selected it worked without issue.   This allowed me to set the value as expected without using any variables/other "funky" ways of doing things that i had found in other posts.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MarkTurner

Re: Issues with Setting SharePoint field values with a button click and then getting that value on subsequent loads of the form - SharePoint Form

I managed to solve it.   

For those who may come here in future looking for a solution it is below.

Instead of using a global variable,  i used only code on the button.

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue5.Text) Or IsEmpty(DataCardValue5.Text), Patch(MyList, SharePointIntegration.Selected, {FormStatus: "Draft"}), Patch(MyList, SharePointIntegration.Selected, {FormStatus: DataCardValue5.Text}));

I had Tried patch Previously,  however instead of using "SharePointIntegration.Selected"   i tried to use "ThisItem"   once i started using SharePointIntegration.Selected it worked without issue.   This allowed me to set the value as expected without using any variables/other "funky" ways of doing things that i had found in other posts.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,972)