cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashwats
Level: Powered On

Issues with request leave power app

Hi, 

When I load the app it asks me to make the app my own, I then accept the app permissions and then link it to One drive for business, I have given permissions to everyone on the folder and data file for this app but I get the following error messages ( see attached photo). I have not changed any of the code from the orignal template. 

I have tried deleting the data source and readding the data source. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Issues with request leave power app

Hi @ashwats ,

It is an known issue with the Leave Request Template app in PowerApps. The user @LKinsman has faced same issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/OnStart-not-firing-Leave-Request-template/m-p/2890...

When you create your own app based on the "Leave Request" template app via clicking the "Make my own app" button, the Office 365 Users data source and Office 365 Outlook data source would be missing/lost from your app after you re-load your app.

On your side, you need to re-add your Office 365 Users connection and Office 365 Outlook connection as data source within your app, then re-publish your app, re-load it, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Look at the errors in the App checker.  As I remember when creating an App from this template it doesn't create a connection to the Office365Users connector.  That is required by a lot of the code in the app.  If you didn't add a DataSource for Office365Users then that is your first issue.  As I remember that takes care of about 78 of the 80+ errors.  Work through fixing all those errors and it should work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ashwats ,

It is an known issue with the Leave Request Template app in PowerApps. The user @LKinsman has faced same issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/OnStart-not-firing-Leave-Request-template/m-p/2890...

When you create your own app based on the "Leave Request" template app via clicking the "Make my own app" button, the Office 365 Users data source and Office 365 Outlook data source would be missing/lost from your app after you re-load your app.

On your side, you need to re-add your Office 365 Users connection and Office 365 Outlook connection as data source within your app, then re-publish your app, re-load it, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ashwats

Hi, 

This resolved some of the errors. 

Thanks 

Ashley 

ashwats

@v-xida-msft wrote:

Hi @ashwats ,

Best regards,

Hi, 

Thank you, this solved the issue with the manager issue and the email sending issue. 

I am looking on how to link up the app to the excel sheet it creates. As I have published the app but requests are not saving in the excel sheet, i have been trying to find the setup steps needed to do this but i can not find anything that helps/works, can you help with that @v-xida-msft ?

Thanks

Ashley 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ashwats ,

Actually, the Leave request you submitted through this template app is not stored within the Excel table in your OneDrive folder. Instead, the Leave request you submitted would be saved into the LeaveCollection collection within this app.

If you want to save your Leave request into a Excel table instead of the collection, you need to create your own Excel table in your cloud service (e.g. OneDrive), and your Excel table must contain the following columns:

Title
 Detail
 StartDate
 EndDate
 LeaveType
 Approver
 Status
 Requester
 LeaveID

then within your app, create a connection to the new created Excel table.

Please check the solution I provided within the following thread for more details:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Power-App-Template-Leave-Request-integration-...

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved. If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,231)