Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
abd3127
Level 8

Join two different lists and display data in gallery

Hi team,

I am trying to display data from 4 different sharepoint lists using the "Add Column" function. The steps for same are given in this post here.

The data is getting displayed as i want. The only problem that i have is the time it takes to display data. It takes more than 1 minute to load and display data. 

The sharepoint lists have around 50 records.

Is there any way that i can reduce this time taken to load the data??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tommyly
Level 8

Re: Join two different lists and display data in gallery

Based on the accepted solution from your previous post (and referenced link), one way to speed up your query is to load the data into PowerApps memory first.

If you're dealing with 50 items, you can probably ClearCollect the entirety of your lists into a collection. If you suspect that list could grow, then you may want to implement a design where the users filter their data initially (e.g. select a timeframe or categories, which feed into a filtered ClearCollect statement).

You will notice that when PowerApps is dealing with in-memory collections, performance is way faster.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tommyly
Level 8

Re: Join two different lists and display data in gallery

Based on the accepted solution from your previous post (and referenced link), one way to speed up your query is to load the data into PowerApps memory first.

If you're dealing with 50 items, you can probably ClearCollect the entirety of your lists into a collection. If you suspect that list could grow, then you may want to implement a design where the users filter their data initially (e.g. select a timeframe or categories, which feed into a filtered ClearCollect statement).

You will notice that when PowerApps is dealing with in-memory collections, performance is way faster.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 323 members 5,718 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: